Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 08:19 PM

544 posts, read 1,058,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
The ONLY reason she or her brother got any roles or any contracts is because Will Smith is their father. That's the absolute ONLY reason. Neither of them are any more talented than any other kid trying to break into the business. The advantage they have is Daddy Wills and all his money.
As it is with most anything in the world very few rags to riches stories these days
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 12:36 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,286 times
Here's a YouTube video that discusses this current topic (skip to 8:30):

Will Smith and fam on Oprah

So there you have it: Entertainment is family business according to Will Smith. The video above is part 2 so look to the right if you want to check out parts 1 and 3.

I don't think that his kids will be train wrecks because Will & Jada are controlling everything. I mean, I'm sure that these guys have their own entertainment companies and their children will do everything through their companies. Besides Will and Jada both have crazy connections in this industry, so, his children will not be messed with (if a person still want a career).

This topic was sort of interesting but at the end of the day: these aren't my kids (I don't even have kids yet) so they can do whatever.

EDIT: Right now, Willow's not all that as a singer and that's to be expected (she's 10). With all the top notch resources at the Smith's disposal, I'm sure that you'll hear better quality from the kid in the future. That singer JoJo was crap at a young age too but got better as the voice matured some (and hours of singing lessons).

Last edited by David Alleyne; 12-25-2010 at 12:45 PM..

Old 12-26-2010, 02:15 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,031,245 times
I whip my toes back and forth, I whip my toes back and forth, I whip my toes back and forth ...

Old 12-26-2010, 02:24 PM

544 posts, read 1,058,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Here's a YouTube video that discusses this current topic (skip to 8:30):

Will Smith and fam on Oprah

So there you have it: Entertainment is family business according to Will Smith. The video above is part 2 so look to the right if you want to check out parts 1 and 3.

I don't think that his kids will be train wrecks because Will & Jada are controlling everything. I mean, I'm sure that these guys have their own entertainment companies and their children will do everything through their companies. Besides Will and Jada both have crazy connections in this industry, so, his children will not be messed with (if a person still want a career).

This topic was sort of interesting but at the end of the day: these aren't my kids (I don't even have kids yet) so they can do whatever.

EDIT: Right now, Willow's not all that as a singer and that's to be expected (she's 10). With all the top notch resources at the Smith's disposal, I'm sure that you'll hear better quality from the kid in the future. That singer JoJo was crap at a young age too but got better as the voice matured some (and hours of singing lessons).
This was an excellent post thanks so much for the video. I too hope that her singing will get better as she gets older. I can't think of too many successful singers who were great at 10 (save MJ). Hopefully if they're serious about being as successful as their parents than they'll take acting and singing lessons

Old 12-28-2010, 03:33 PM

884 posts, read 2,641,880 times
The song is not something I would jam to, BUT the child is 10 and I do think it is appropriate for adolescents to listen too. There are so many nasty song out there on urban radio that this is a "Disney" tune.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:59 PM

I don't know ... I have a 16 year old and he wouldn't be caught dead listening to that song.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:04 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,140,529 times
Wow, if I had to listen to this in the car I would probably drive myself into a tree.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:13 AM

884 posts, read 2,641,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I don't know ... I have a 16 year old and he wouldn't be caught dead listening to that song.
I wouldn't put the High School set in her target audience. More like the 8-14 set. Also most boys aren't into listening to girl pop artists either.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluelandrover View Post
I wouldn't put the High School set in her target audience. More like the 8-14 set. Also most boys aren't into listening to girl pop artists either.
I think you meant the PRE-adolescent set. I don't know anybody whose teenagers listen to this music. For that matter - any of the Justin Bieber stuff and its ilk either.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:37 PM

9 posts, read 13,225 times
The song is actually really cute. If you listen to the words, it makes sense. If she was rapping or singing about having sex, there would still be a problem. She is a child and that's the bottom line. You will not like everything that is released but dang, stabbing yourself in the eye because of the song is a bit absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities