Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 03:46 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,335,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
Oh. My. God.
How could one of my favourite actors, Will Smith, let his daughter sing such a god awful, terrible, horrendous song?? Ew ew ew!
That 'song' makes me want to stab myself in the eye with a blunt knife. What is the music world coming to??
It's monotnous and grates on my nerves. And she sounds like a sick cat, if I hear it again, I'm going to throw something at my tv.
It's not like will smith had too many great songs himself.
But the song gets you moving which was Will's ability as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 04:55 PM

19,610 posts, read 12,212,859 times
She is too young to be a pop "artist". Maybe the next one will be five. Also, like Bieber, you can't avoid knowing about her as she is even mentioned on late night television and here on a mostly adult board. I'd rather be clueless but since I've been hit over the head with these kids I can have an opinion.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:52 PM

544 posts, read 1,058,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki718 View Post
The song is actually really cute. If you listen to the words, it makes sense. If she was rapping or singing about having sex, there would still be a problem. She is a child and that's the bottom line. You will not like everything that is released but dang, stabbing yourself in the eye because of the song is a bit absurd.
lol

I take all this criticism with a grain of salt. My parents probably said the same thing when i was going through my ABC craze I mean Ieasha was not the greatest song in the world but every little girl on my block was jamming to that And my mom has told me her parents thought The Parliament was horrible music. I say let the kids have their music, we had ours

Old 12-30-2010, 07:42 AM

884 posts, read 2,641,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I think you meant the PRE-adolescent set. I don't know anybody whose teenagers listen to this music. For that matter - any of the Justin Bieber stuff and its ilk either.
My daughter is 13 and hates Justin Bieber. I think little kids are into him???

Old 12-30-2010, 12:33 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluelandrover View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't even have known who he is, or known about the "Hair" song, except for the internet. I listen to my stations on Sirius radio and my CD's.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:41 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluelandrover View Post
No he has those boy crazed fans. You have to either be totally obsessed with him or hate him. I remember N'sync was at my grad night and some of my classmates were boo hoo crying and passing out

Old 12-30-2010, 08:48 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLater View Post
lol

I take all this criticism with a grain of salt. My parents probably said the same thing when i was going through my ABC craze I mean Ieasha was not the greatest song in the world but every little girl on my block was jamming to that And my mom has told me her parents thought The Parliament was horrible music. I say let the kids have their music, we had ours
I'm not really getting the correlation with stabbing yourself in the eye because of what you're hearing. Wouldn't it be better to stab yourself in the ears???

Just Sayin.... lol

Old 01-01-2011, 08:05 PM

163 posts, read 390,771 times
This is a little girl singing a song marketed to other young kids. If you are an adult expecting this child to have songs about more mature subject matter, you need your brain checked. The song is cute, but a bit annoying, but im not sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to purchase her album. Shes just a kid!

Old 01-02-2011, 09:35 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I'm not really getting the correlation with stabbing yourself in the eye because of what you're hearing. Wouldn't it be better to stab yourself in the ears???

Just Sayin.... lol
LMBO I don't know how I missed that

Old 01-04-2011, 03:46 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
I didn't diss Will Smith! I said he was one of my favourite actors. Just can't stand that song his daughter sang.... or the clothes they're letting her wear.
Really. A show of hands of people have seen "batman" or "superman" roaming the streets with their parents in July. I don't remember as a girl playing with my friends dressed as cinderella.

Also, Will was a rapper and Jada is an actress. How many people work with a co-worker's child. Is there a difference here. It sounds like a double standard against the Smiths.

I work with the military. A member military will sign forms, so the child is granted an internship in my building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities