Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 10:05 PM

513 posts, read 799,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
dNice: Ed Sullivan. Met him when I was in high school and attending a journalism conference. He was the keynote speaker and spent much time answering the students' questions.

Nice: Tallulah Bankhead. I didn't meet her but when I delivered my first son, my ex was working as a bellhop in D.C. hotel. Miss Bankhead was staying there and she heard the other hops congratulating him. She asked what the occasion was and they told her about the baby. She sent me a dozen roses.

Nice: Tyrone Power. Met him in an elevator. He was pleasant just not overly friendly.

Nice: Jerry Wolman. The late former owner of the Philadelphia Eagles, the Flyers, built the Spectrum. Spent a half hour with us in Hershey where the Eagles were in training camp. This was in '64, just after he bought the team. The late hubs approached him and he signed autographs for our boys.

Nice: Bernie Parent, former goalie for the Flyers. We were having dinner last summer in Wildwood and he was dining with a promoter. After he finished his meal, we spoke to him, thanked him for the great times when he played. He showed us his Stanley Cup rings. A sweetheart who encouraged the children to "stay in school".

Not so: Ed McMahon. When he was just starting in daytime TV in Philadelphia, my mother thought he was just the greatest. She booked tickets for us to attend the show and while we were waiting in the lobby with all the other attendees, Himself breezed in, being not nice to his entourage, and even less nice to us as we were excited to see him. (Not me so much, but Mom and a lot of the other ladies). Funny how some of them forget who made them famous. Mother still watched the show but she never felt the same about him after that.

I forgot, at Temple Lavoy Allen (Power Forward for the Pacers, used to play for 76ers) was in my spanish class. Super nice kid, very quiet and seemed shy. It was freshman year and before he made it big. It was funny though because he's like 6'10" and seeing him enter the room and sit in a chair built for people of "normal" height was quite a sight. He always held the door for me and was very much a gentleman. I hope he hasn't changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 10:47 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcs15 View Post
Anyone ever meet any celebs and where they nice or rude?

Nicest
1.) Will Smith - His grandmother was in the hospital where my mom works and was on her floor. I was there visiting and he was super nice. Signed an autograph and thanked my mom and others for taking good care of her.

2.) Ed Rendell - Ex Governor of PA and Mayor of Philadelphia. I met him at a Hilary Clinton rally in 2008. He was super happy. Shaking everyone's hands. Signing anything anyone gave him.

3.) Rob Van Dam - Met him at GNC in King of Prussia mall. My friend was a huge fan of his and he posed for pictures with us and talked for like 20 minutes.

4.) Kane - wrestler for the WWF. Met him at an autograph signing with my brother. Nothing crazy but he stayed and signed autographs for everyone even though it ran an hour late.

5.) David Akers and Koy Detmer - Eagles players. Met them in Staples. Signed autographs and were overall cool and down to earth.

6.) Bill Cosby - Met him at Temple University after class once. Nice guy and talked to everyone around even though a big group gathered.

7.) Jimmy Rollins and Ryan Howard - Phillies players who I met while working at a bar. They were our having a good time and tipped really well. Weren't the typical "you know who I am?" And expect everything for free.

8.) David Duchovny - Again, met him while at work, super nice and smart. We had a discussion about politics and the economy and he was awesome. I even comped him some drinks and he refused to not pay and told me to keep it.

9.) Questlove (drummer for The Roots/Jimmy Fallon's band on his late night show) - He was picking up tickets at Will Call for a 76ers game. He was cool and even gave a guy some tickets because he was only using 2 of the 6 he had.

10.) Matthew Lillard - My friend drove him for the NBA All Star game. She said he gave her autographed pictures, talked to her the whole time, and was super funny.

Rudest
1.) Stacy Keibler - This was even before she dated George Clooney. She was at an autograph signing before a WWF show for people with VIP tickets that included dinner and a meet and greet. She was the "meet and greet". She left after only 15 mins when she was supposed to be there for an hour. She spent the time rolling her eyes and bitching at the waitstaff.

2.) Donovan McNabb - Ignorant and rude. Saw him while picking up tickets at The then First Union Center. He ignored anyone who spoke to him and then yelled at someone for asking for an autograph.

3). Aaron Carter - He wasn't rude per say, but obviously strung out. Couldn't hold a sentence together.

4.) Jennifer Lopez - My friend was driving Suburbans for when there was the NBA All star game. She drove her and said she was the worst. Before she got in the car some assistant of JLos gave her a whole spiel about not making eye contact, no talking unless spoken to, etc.

What's the thing about eye contact?? Wow, another post on that. Are they afraid a peon is going to look at them and turn them into a puddle or something? Bizarre! They need to get out of their sick bubble and look around at what life really is.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:42 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,321,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post

Rudest:

1. David Copperfield--I had a friend who was a limo driver. I saw my friend standing next to a limo after one of Copperfield's magic shows. My friend waved me over and we talked for a few minutes while he waited on Copperfield to arrive. Shortly after that, Copperfield exited a rear door at the venue he had just done a show at and walked over to the limo. He had an attractive young lady with him. Even though I said hello to Copperfield when he walked up he didn't speak to me at all and was very rude to my friend. My friend told me later that Copperfield had sex with the lady in the back seat on the way to the airport. When they arrived at the airport, Copperfield exited the limo and went straight to his airplane. He didn't leave my friend a tip. The young lady just stood there crying. She said she had met Copperfield after the show and he asked her to ride to the airport with him and had told her he'd make sure she got home okay. My friend told me that Copperfield didn't even pay for her cab fare to go back home! (she didn't have enough money). My friend volunteered to drop her off at her house free of charge in is limo. Total jackass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
what a douche bag!!!!!!

It sounds like this guy goes beyond jackass and douche.

I think he was investigated for some serious crime in the past.

Old 06-07-2014, 02:31 PM

6,570 posts, read 6,736,019 times
I met all the current members of Bob Seger's Silver Bullet Band at a meet & greet. A wonderful group of people. Did not get to meet Seger, but the band members were down to earth & fun. Had a beer with the sax man Alto Reed & talked about football with the keyboard man Craig Frost who is a very nice guy. BTW, the 3 female backup singers are in their 50s & 60s and they look fantastic

Old 06-09-2014, 06:49 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,256,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Rudest:

1. David Copperfield--

Q: What was David Copperfield's greatest magic trick?

A: Making Claudia Schiffer's taste in men disappear.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:12 PM

950 posts, read 1,258,966 times
i've never met any celebreties. I do have a couple of post cards from the Hollywood Canteen signed by some of the old movie stars like Bette Davis, Basil Rathbone and a few others. My dad sent them to grandma when he was there. Never thought to ask him what he thought of them as people.
My sister and her husband Ross went to the producer Martin Richards birthday bash once. Marty as they called him was a cousin of Ross's dad. He was nice to them and they even had been to his home a few times. They got to meet people like Jerry Orbach of Law and Order and other famous folk. I recall Jessica telling me one day she saw Jerry on the street when she was coming back from lunch.However, she didn't stop by and talk to him as they were filming an episode.
She thought he was nice.
This was when she worked for the old Court Tv ,before it became Tru TV and Time Warner took complete control of it.
she used to be assignment editor there and worked on the Star Jones Show,who she said was a real b***h.
However my sister told me she always got along with Nancy Grace .

Old 06-11-2014, 08:35 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,767,028 times
Back then when I still lived in Miami; I saw several.

Nice:
Kirsten Dunst. She is very nice. I think it was MTV Music Award. Everybody took her pictures. And I asked mine to be taken with her. She was really down to earth.

Matt Damon. Saw him on OCean Drive. This was probably when he was still dating his now wife. I asked for a picture and we talked for a bit. For some reason he was interested in my story and ordered me a drink.

Mike "the Situation" Sorrentino. I did not really watch Jersey Shore but I recognized him. This is maybe when they were filming the Miami season. He was doing laundry in a laundromat! HA HA!

Neutral:
- Madonna - jogging with several bodyguards. Interesting.
- J.Lo and Marc Anthony. They were strolling down Lincoln Road.
- The lead singer of Gym Class Heroes - I saw him in VICTORIA's SECRET in Aventura Mall! But there was nobody recognized him but me and my buddy. We were actually outside the store and I recognized him and my buddy confirmed it was him.
- The Kardashian girls (not Kim). They were doing some shopping.

Horrible:
- Thalia. She acted diva-ish. Somebody asked her autograph and she slapped the notebook down.
- MAriah Carey. She acted as thought she was god. Saw her on LIncoln Road again. The bodyguards had to make a way for her.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 8,400 times
Default Meeting celebrities experience?

I have a friend who worked in the movie industry for 20 years, going from an intern at Disney to one of the heads of marketing at Paramount before he retired a few months ago. It's always interesting to hear his celebrity stories, and I want to hear some other ones too. He said that the nicest celebrities for some reason are always the superheros, and the meanest are usually the B listers and supporting actors. Here are some of his experiences:

1. Chris Hemsworth:
He said that by a hair, Chris Hemsworth takes the spot as nicest celebrity. They went to the same party a few months after the first Thor came out, and he said that Chris was the life of the party. He laughed that even with a ton of other stars there, like Megan Fox (who is "dumb as a box of rocks"), everyone paid attention only to him, because he was so nice. He talked to him for about 15 minutes, and said he never stopped smiling and didn't even mention any of his movies until my friend brought it up first.
2. Robert Downey Jr.
My friend met him immediately after he "got out of rehab the 50th time, the one that stuck." He was sitting on the steps outside of a station in Chicago, and RDJ sat next to him. My friend leaned over and said "I know you probably don't need this, but i'm a huge fan of your work." RDJ turned to him and said "Thanks, man" and was super excited to hear it, and they talked for about 15 minutes before my friend had to get on the train.
3. Hugh Jackman:
He never met Hugh Jackman, but knew his assitant on one of the X Men movies, and knows dozens of people that have worked with him, and said that he has never once heard a single bad thing about him. Everyone who works with him beams about how nice he is, and all the girls have a crush on him.
4. Chris Evans:
One time my friend was late for a meeting at Paramount studios, and was rushing to get there. He didn't pay attention to where he was going, and smashed right into Chris Evans, and dropped all of his papers. Chris Evans smiled, bent down and picked up all the papers before my friend could even react, and gave it to him. When my friend tried to apologize Chris went "Hey it's okay. God only knows how many people I've smacked into." My friend can't remember but he thinks this was while he was bulking up for Captain America, because it hurt so bad when he actually hit him.
5. Dr. Phil
He said that without a doubt Dr. Phil is one of the rudest celebrity he's met. Dr. Phil thinks hes better than everyone else, and talks down on everyone, even the heads of studios. He told a story that on the studio you get your own golf cart, and you have a choice, Burgandy Red, Green, or Cream colored. Dr. Phil threw a tantrum demanding a personalized golf cart, and my friend said he looked like an idiot in a blue cart with flames going down the side and oversized wheels.
6. Brad Pitt/Gwyneth Paltrow/Jennifer Aniston:
My friend worked with Brad Pitt a number of years back, and said that he was just a normal guy, not rude at all but not a super nice friendly guy. He was pretty nonchalant about everything. But this was athe time that he dated Gwyneth Paltrow, and he said that she was a micromanaging *****, trying to control everyone, even though she wasn't even working it was Brad Pitt's movie. She threw tantrums all the time and wouldn't even acknowledge any stagehand. He said that finally Brad Pitt left her for Jennifer Aniston, whom my friend said he loved and was a sweetheart, but he admits that he only worked with Pitt for the first few weeks of the relationship between the two of them, and that after Gwyneth Paltrow he could have dated Satan and he'd be happy.

Old 06-19-2014, 04:48 AM

[quote=SNKRS;35260804]
5. Dr. Phil
He said that without a doubt Dr. Phil is one of the rudest celebrity he's met. Dr. Phil thinks hes better than everyone else, and talks down on everyone, even the heads of studios. He told a story that on the studio you get your own golf cart, and you have a choice, Burgandy Red, Green, or Cream colored. Dr. Phil threw a tantrum demanding a personalized golf cart, and my friend said he looked like an idiot in a blue cart with flames going down the side and oversized wheels.

This doesn't surprise most of us. There's another thread somewhere about his antics. I wonder who watches him anymore?

Old 06-19-2014, 04:50 AM

Maybe we should have a Part 2 of this thread at 80 + pages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities