Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2014, 07:31 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,257,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover84 View Post
She isn't lying about the story. I'm her daughter and she told me this story years ago.
Nobody said she was lying. Just interested in more details about the encounter. In particular, was he extremely drunk at the time? From what I've gathered about Hendrix, that's about the only time when he'd be anything other than a friendly, rather quiet guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 09:26 AM

145 posts, read 227,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Nobody said she was lying. Just interested in more details about the encounter. In particular, was he extremely drunk at the time? From what I've gathered about Hendrix, that's about the only time when he'd be anything other than a friendly, rather quiet guy.

From what I understand, it was a brief encounter. She was waitressing at a restaurant in the west village and she served him. He was a little rude apparently, and she didn't know it was him, so she casually complained to another waitress who told her it was Jimi Hendrix.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:46 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,257,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
...and Jimi Hendrix the most obnoxious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlover84 View Post
He was a little rude apparently...

Being "a little rude" makes him "the most obnoxious" celebrity one has met?

Old 06-22-2014, 07:24 AM

145 posts, read 227,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Being "a little rude" makes him "the most obnoxious" celebrity one has met?
I'm just a second hand story and that was my interpretation. She can tell it better.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:03 PM

66 posts, read 80,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyezRule View Post
On the other side of the coin, he said Ben Stiller is the biggest, rudest jerk ever. Sad, I thought he'd be nice.
My sister once had a drink and chatted with Ben Stiller in a NYC club. She said he was really nice.
But this was before he became super famous. Maybe stardom made him into a jerk.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:38 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair75 View Post
My sister once had a drink and chatted with Ben Stiller in a NYC club. She said he was really nice.
But this was before he became super famous. Maybe stardom made him into a jerk.

he wouldn't be the first and won't be the last......

Old 06-24-2014, 03:00 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Hasnt changed this man at all... he was born in Glasgow. hes filming in Glasgow and mixed and mingled with fans who asked for photos taken with him and chatted while he was directing his new film..On location with Scotland's latest cult film, The Legend of Barney Thomson | Herald Scotland

[url=http://lunapic.com>][/U

Old 06-26-2014, 01:30 PM

4 posts, read 37,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Most celebrities I've met are nice. No reason for them not to be, really.

But the most perfect celebrity I've ever encountered is probably George Clooney. He's not only charming and funny and gracious, but listens to you so attentively that you start to feel he's absolutely fascinated by what you're saying.
Yeh George Clooney is lovely! met him myself. He's hot too! *drool*. I don't know what Jennifer Lopez problem is though having come across her myself in LA. I was reading another account here of how she has people talk to you before you come into contact with her telling you not to talk to her or make eye contact with her. Seriously who does she think she is? is she THAT up herself? she thinks she's a goddess or something and everyone has to worship the ground she walks on 24/7 and pander to her every whim without question. The only reason she is even really famous is her ass! I would love to have a 1 to 1 with her for 10 minutes just to try and get it through her huge ego inflated self obsessed head that not everyone likes her or even thinks she's relevant anymore.

Last edited by tonken86; 06-26-2014 at 01:54 PM..

Old 06-26-2014, 04:35 PM

19 posts, read 31,866 times
My dad used to get tickets to the Buick Classic PGA event at Westchester Country Club in NY. Met nearly all the golfers and Phil Mickelson was by far the nicest while Tiger Woods was a complete jerk. Granted he was the #1 golfer at the time, but still I can't stand these celebrities who feel like they're God's gift to the planet.

At an event in NY I was walking and not paying attention and about got knocked down by a this big tall guy with a Southern accent asking if I was okay. He grabbed my arms to hold me steady, and as I looked up to him, it was Andy Pettitte, the former Yankee pitcher. That man is HUGE.

I've never been an autograph hound, but I went to an event at the mall by where I lived to meet Robin Ventura(was playing for the Mets then, now manager for the Chicago White Sox.) Very nice and handsome. I was completely awestruck and all I could manage to say was, "Have a good night".

My dad sold cars for years in CT and FL, so he met quite a few people. He sold a car to George C. Scott when "Patton" first came out. He said George was a little different, but a good guy to do business with. He also sold to Peter Criss, the KISS drummer/cat. He plead with my dad not to tell people where he lived because his house had been vandalized. By law my dad couldn't do that, but he said he feared for his safety. My dad said he was a very nice guy though.

My dad also was a marksman and got to shoot with Robert Stack, and Roy Rogers. We actually had pictures of Roy at the range with him. My dad also spoke very highly of those men.

About 20 years ago saw Florence Stanley who played the judge on My Two Dads and Fish's wife on Barney Miller at a restaurant on Columbus Ave in Manhattan. She was having lunch with her husband so we didn't bother her, but she seemed like a very nice lady. Our waiter liked her, too.

There are many, many more, but that's all I can think of now.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:24 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonken86 View Post
Yeh George Clooney is lovely! met him myself. He's hot too! *drool*. I don't know what Jennifer Lopez problem is though having come across her myself in LA. I was reading another account here of how she has people talk to you before you come into contact with her telling you not to talk to her or make eye contact with her. Seriously who does she think she is? is she THAT up herself? she thinks she's a goddess or something and everyone has to worship the ground she walks on 24/7 and pander to her every whim without question. The only reason she is even really famous is her ass! I would love to have a 1 to 1 with her for 10 minutes just to try and get it through her huge ego inflated self obsessed head that not everyone likes her or even thinks she's relevant anymore.
I think she is beginning to find that out.

Lopez Suffers Poor Album Sales | Contactmusic.com

Quote:

However the album has failed to entice US music buyers into parting with
their money - it's reportedly sold just 400,000 copies in three weeks on
release.

A source tells British newspaper the DAILY RECORD, "Jennifer is devastated
by these numbers. It shows that her grip on the public's imagination is
slipping and, let's face it, the album isn't that good.

"With the amount of flops she's had in her recent movies, she's pretty
upset."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities