Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 08:38 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,522,480 times

Advertisements

If Bill Clinton is or was a celebrity, met him and shook his hand during his second term of Presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 06:12 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
Scottie Pippen back when the Bulls were unstoppable.....
He's way cuter in person, lol

He was genuinely sweet, & even a little shy

Randy Brown (Bulls), Stephen Marbury,
M C Hammer (actually had a conversation w/ him, lol)
All were cool....

Gosh it's been awhile....
But I am going back to doing tv work so I'm sure I'll have some more soon enough

Old 07-25-2015, 02:54 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,528,249 times
Well, I posted my personal experiences last year, but since the thread is still alive, I'll post the experiences of my friends. One of my friends was the ASL interpreter at an event where Bill Clinton was keynote speaker (after his presidency). He shook her hand & she said he was VERY charismatic...and she's not easily impressed.

Another friend rode in an elevator in Vegas with Cher & her son with Gregg Allman...this was when the son (can't remember his name) was little. She said Cher was gorgeous but aloof & Cher's son was a cute, friendly little kid.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:04 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,029,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseOne View Post
Well, I posted my personal experiences last year, but since the thread is still alive, I'll post the experiences of my friends. One of my friends was the ASL interpreter at an event where Bill Clinton was keynote speaker (after his presidency). He shook her hand & she said he was VERY charismatic...and she's not easily impressed.

Another friend rode in an elevator in Vegas with Cher & her son with Gregg Allman...this was when the son (can't remember his name) was little. She said Cher was gorgeous but aloof & Cher's son was a cute, friendly little kid.

Elijah Blue .....

Old 07-26-2015, 01:28 PM

343 posts, read 726,295 times
Friendliest: Howard Cosell- a real gentleman

Friendly: Muhammad Ali
Reggie Jackson- outside Camden Yards
Yogi Berra- outside Connie Mack Stadium
Carol Burnett
Cal Ripken, Jr.
George H.W. Bush
Martina McBride

Not so Friendly: Alan Jackson
Ken Singleton
Dan Rather
Jim Palmer

Out and out nasty: Pete Rose

Old 07-26-2015, 01:35 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,055 times
Nicest: Lars Ulrich of Metallica

Rudest (arrogant, self absorbed, ego maniacal, pompous freak): Kevin Dubrow of Quiet Riot

Old 07-27-2015, 03:43 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
About a month ago I Saw Scarlett Johansson on the beach on 2 separate days. The second day I nodded, smiled and said hello, she just barely gave me a nod back. No smile, no hello. I can understand someone not wanting to talk to strangers on a lonely beach with no one else around I guess. Especially when you are a celebrity. Also, she was looking pretty pregnant, so no telling what those hormones are doing.

Two weeks ago I saw Jimmy Fallon double dating with Tommy Mottola at dinner. Before Jimmy got there, Tommy and his wife (or girlfriend?) were sitting there. What drew my eyes to his table was that it was odd seeing someone wearing a baseball cap in a nice restaurant. Almost as if he wanted people staring at him. I knew I recognized him but couldn't figure it out at first. Then Jimmy and his wife came in at sat down. Jimmy caught my eye and he gave me a big smile. This is the kind of place where you leave the celebrities alone, but someone actually asked Jimmy to take a selfie with him, and he said "lets do it". That must have shocked the manager, and I'm not sure that person will be getting reservations again any time soon, but I thought it was really nice of Jimmy to do that when he is out to dinner.
Just a follow up, I ran into Scarlett again about 2 weeks ago in a local take out restaurant. She was wearing sunglasses and a hat, obviously trying not to be noticed. She was behind me on line with 2 of her girlfriends. One of them asked me about something I ordered, but Scarlett just looked straight ahead, stone faced, with no interest in joining in our brief conversation or acknowledging my presence at all. I still wouldn't classify her as "rude" though. I wouldn't put her in the "nice" category either. She clearly doesn't want to be bothered, and I'm not the type of person to bother someone that doesn't want to talk, so I guess I will never know which category she falls under.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:07 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Just a follow up, I ran into Scarlett again about 2 weeks ago in a local take out restaurant. She was wearing sunglasses and a hat, obviously trying not to be noticed. She was behind me on line with 2 of her girlfriends. One of them asked me about something I ordered, but Scarlett just looked straight ahead, stone faced, with no interest in joining in our brief conversation or acknowledging my presence at all. I still wouldn't classify her as "rude" though. I wouldn't put her in the "nice" category either. She clearly doesn't want to be bothered, and I'm not the type of person to bother someone that doesn't want to talk, so I guess I will never know which category she falls under.
Maybe, from past experience, she has learned if you give some fans an inch they will take a mile.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:37 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Maybe, from past experience, she has learned if you give some fans an inch they will take a mile.
True. But if she can't relax in her own town, where can she? Amagansett is a tiny village with lots of celebrities living in and around it. People who live there are used to seeing them and don't usually make a big deal out of it. I would almost feel sorry for her if the benefits didn't so outweigh the negatives.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:25 AM

693 posts, read 704,981 times
My husband met Joan Rivers and Cameron Diaz and had conversations with both of them. He said they were very nice. I have a really bad memory and can not remember meeting anyone famous. I did meet Rocky Blier, a football player who played in the Super Bowl a million years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities