Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 11:35 AM

1,136 posts, read 943,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
go back to the blaze......
OK, and you go back to slate.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:16 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,285,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownblues View Post
Yeah, I could see where your post was irrelevant.
What is that? Some sort of "I'm rubber, you're glue" argument?

Are you 12 years old? Please be quiet and let the grown ups discuss.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:25 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,681,460 times
I think there's something odd about not leaving her only child anything with all of her money.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:55 PM

31,963 posts, read 27,101,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
what is a power gay??
Pipe: Gay Power - Top 50 Most Powerful Gay People of 2013 | Out Magazine

Long story short they are the wealthy, culturally, economically, politically or otherwise influential gays and lesbians of the United States. Of which by the way there are more than you would imagine. Some are household names (Andersen Cooper, Neil Patrick Harris, etc...) others are known only within certain circles.

It is said that no small part of the "marriage equality" push comes from the finances and or efforts of these "power gays" because otherwise their spouses/partners are not treated the same as straights. For those born into and or part of a certain demographic being forced to sit "at the back of the bus) with other minorities deprived them of their birth rights so to speak.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
What is a "power gay"??? Asinine statement.

Gloria Vanderbilt doesn't live with her son. She makes plenty of her own money designing and painting.
See: Gay Power - Top 50 Most Powerful Gay People of 2013 | Out Magazine

The term exists and defines a particular subset of the gay population. Look it up and or get out more.

Mrs. Vanderbilt *did* live with her son for awhile after losing money and being hit with a huge tax bill resulting from misdeeds by attorneys and IIRC accountants. She has since rebounded (obviously) but had to sell at least two of her properties at the time.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:

Gloria Vanderbilt doesn't live with her son. She makes plenty of her own money designing and painting.
Much of Mrs. Vanderbilt's net worth comes from what was built upon after her husband's demise. Yes, the lady "earns" money via her apparel, perfume licensing, artwork et al, but in terms of the "one percent" world we live in currently there are persons right here in NYC pull 200 million in one or two years.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Please be quiet and let the grown ups discuss.
OK, let me know when they come to pick you up, little boy.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Pipe: Gay Power - Top 50 Most Powerful Gay People of 2013 | Out Magazine

Long story short they are the wealthy, culturally, economically, politically or otherwise influential gays and lesbians of the United States. Of which by the way there are more than you would imagine. Some are household names (Andersen Cooper, Neil Patrick Harris, etc...) others are known only within certain circles.

It is said that no small part of the "marriage equality" push comes from the finances and or efforts of these "power gays" because otherwise their spouses/partners are not treated the same as straights. For those born into and or part of a certain demographic being forced to sit "at the back of the bus) with other minorities deprived them of their birth rights so to speak.
Wow, all 50 of them, huh?

Old 04-03-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:

Furthermore as evidence how "powerful" these gays are when they threatened to withhold their financial and other support from Obama's re-election bid, he suddenly "evolved" on the matter of gay marriage and hasn't looked back.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:51 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,738,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
See: Gay Power - Top 50 Most Powerful Gay People of 2013 | Out Magazine

The term exists and defines a particular subset of the gay population. Look it up and or get out more.

Mrs. Vanderbilt *did* live with her son for awhile after losing money and being hit with a huge tax bill resulting from misdeeds by attorneys and IIRC accountants. She has since rebounded (obviously) but had to sell at least two of her properties at the time.

I looked at the article you linked and it doesn't say anywhere "Power Gay". It says "Gay Power" and discusses the 50 top influential gays of 2013. Gay power, white power, black power, flower power.

Since you said I need to look it up or get out more, I Bing-ed "Power Gay" and came up with nothing. I Googled "Power Gay" and came up with one copycat article in the NY Observer that says "Power Gays". I have never, ever heard the term "Power Gay".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities