Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 08:38 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,420,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
OTOH - it seems some are in a rush to put down any "aggressive" pit. It most cases, there are organizations, such as Best Friends, that willing to work with the dog before giving
There is aggression, and then there is aggression. There are levels of bites, from nips to maulings and in between. There are single incidents and then there are dogs that have repeated incidences of aggression, as this dog apparently did. I don't want to see every dog that has nipped a kid put down, but I don't want to see people rally around dangerous dogs, either. The idea that it's never appropriate to put down a dog for any reason has gotten much too common.
Sanctuaries like Best Friends have very limited space. Best Friends took the Vick dogs because Michael Vick was court ordered to pay for their care. Normally, anyone trying to place a dog there will be told they are full, and it is the same with most responsible sanctuaries. People often mention Best Friends as a panacea for dogs with a history, but they are very seldom able to help. If they took in every dog that needed it, they would soon be one of those hoarding operations you unfortunately hear about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 04:38 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,207,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Um, Cesar never had any contact with the dog, and the trainer at the center strongly suggested that the owner not take the dog. Sounds like another frivolous lawsuit to me.
Yep....She should be suing the owner, the person in control of the dog with whom she was visiting.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:13 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,207,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
OTOH - it seems some are in a rush to put down any "aggressive" pit. It most cases, there are organizations, such as Best Friends, that willing to work with the dog before giving up.
I am of the mind that once a dog loses their inhibition to bite.....it is too late. I do not agree with some of the heroics in these attempts to rehabilitate a biting dog...But, there here will always be exceptions..dogs are meant to protect a person, and bite intruders....But, a family pet biting it's owners is a bad dog imo

Reading the article....The lady when given back the dog...had the choice to make.......she had been told by a judge to put the dog down....Not doing so may come back to haunt her imo....
And, the Dog Psych Center taking the dog back after this attack, imo lends some credibility to the attacked lady's claims.... that may come back to haunt them...

Old 02-10-2015, 05:49 PM

621 posts, read 1,421,683 times
with all the nice dogs in this world looking for homes, why anyone would want to feed a known biter is beyond me.

It's sad, but there are just some dogs who need to go over the bridge, for their benefit and the humans that share their world.

One bite... is a wake up call. Two bites.... better be a darned good reason. Three... sorry buddy.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:27 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,889,499 times
The TOS of this forum says:

Quote:
NO MORE "PIT BULL ATTACK" NEWS LINKS OR STORIES: We are calling a moratorium on these. They become too inflammatory and the same members post the same points over and over. Inevitably someone jumps in and says something like 'all pit bulls need to be euthanized'......these debates get us nowhere and do nothing to educate people about the dogs and the relevant issues surrounding the dogs.
Furthermore, I guess you don't know how law suits work. You sue everyone you can think of.

And NO, Millan's life has not "been going south for some time now". I'd say after a decade of doing this, being sued only TWICE is a major success.

He has a gorgeous new 45 acre rehabilitation center in CA, a new girlfriend for a couple of years now, and survived the depression he had in 2010.

His new show was renewed - ‎Cesar911‬ Season 2 will premiere on Friday, February 27th at 9/8c on Nat Geo Wild AND has an upcoming 2 hour special. "Cesar Millan: Viva Las Vegas!" premieres on Friday, Feb 20 at 9/8c. AND the Cesar Millan Foundation is in it's 8th year.

Wow you picked the article with the LEAST information.

Not only was the idiot owner TOLD he wasn't ready, she didn't even FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS she was given. AND took him to her BOYFRIEND'S HOUSE.

Montgomery County dog saved by Cesar Millan trainers is on death row again - Houston Chronicle

Old 02-10-2015, 08:41 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,889,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
This link tells a slightly different, but inconsistent story, first stating the dog was released because the owner fell behind on payments, but then saying the trainer involved strongly recommended the owner not take the dog back. This link also says the dog had been ordered to be euthanized for aggression before Milan's Dog Psychology Center agreed to take it in. Of course a judge had to agree with this, but as the owner of two pit bulls I get very frustrated when "advocates" refuse to entertain the thought of aggressive dogs being euthanized. Every one of these attacks does further damage to the "breed", as well as doing harm to the people who are attacked. At any rate, I think more information is needed here.

‘Dog Whisperer’ Cesar Millan Sued After Dog Attack | The Dogington Post
It's not inconsistent.

The owner was supposed to PAY for the rehab $100/day. And legal fees of $3000.00. The DPC wasn't doing it for free. So she stopped paying and took him OUT. Against the judge's order.

Quote:
The agreement required that Gus be kept in the rehabilitation center until trainers certified he was fit for release. It's not clear if Romano will face legal action for breaching the agreement.

Montgomery County dog saved by Cesar Millan trainers is on death row again - Houston Chronicle

Old 02-11-2015, 11:56 AM

1,539 posts, read 2,304,025 times
Ridiculous lawsuit, no way this one stands in court.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:35 PM

155 posts, read 117,938 times
I wasn't going to comment, but I have to say. Not to tick anyone off. Cesar needs to stick to his breed. I liked him until I saw how he treated a timid breed. Enough said.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:22 AM

25,841 posts, read 16,519,439 times
Cesar seems like such a good guy. I hope he gets out from under this clean.

Old 02-20-2015, 05:11 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,737,314 times
I don't want to hijack the post, but is it true Mr. Milan gets more than $ 10,000 for a visit? One of our customers told me how expensive he is, I don't know anything more.
I always thought the TV show covers all expenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities