Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 06:00 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times

Advertisements

His life has been going south for quite some time.

"Dog Whisperer" Cesar Millan sued in pit bull attack - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 06:42 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,338,417 times
Um, Cesar never had any contact with the dog, and the trainer at the center strongly suggested that the owner not take the dog. Sounds like another frivolous lawsuit to me.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:07 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,220,854 times
You would think the owner of the dog would be sued, but the owner probably isn't a recognized celebrity with millions of dollars like Cesar. Human greed never ceases to astound me.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:16 AM

188 posts, read 209,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
You would think the owner of the dog would be sued, but the owner probably isn't a recognized celebrity with millions of dollars like Cesar. Human greed never ceases to astound me.
This was my first thought, too. I'm sorry the lady got mauled, but I hope this case is dismissed.

Old 02-06-2015, 12:53 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times
It's all about "deep pockets" not necessarily the one most obvious to sue

Old 02-06-2015, 02:45 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,237,921 times
Sorry the lady got hurt, and the dog owner should be sued, and the dog should likely be put down, but Millan has nothing to do with the case. The lawsuit for injuries is not frivilous, but targeting Millan as the responsible party certainly is!

I hope Millan sues her for defamation and wins. I, for one, am getting pretty sick of the "Sue everybody with money until somebody settles" method of earning a living.

Old 02-06-2015, 02:59 PM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Sorry the lady got hurt, and the dog owner should be sued, and the dog should likely be put down, but Millan has nothing to do with the case. The lawsuit for injuries is not frivilous, but targeting Millan as the responsible party certainly is!

I hope Millan sues her for defamation and wins. I, for one, am getting pretty sick of the "Sue everybody with money until somebody settles" method of earning a living.
There are a lot of "starving lawyers" out there who'd rather work for a chance of getting a cut of something than just sit around with no chance and no work.

Just repeating what I heard from my buddy that works as a lawyer.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:47 PM

351 posts, read 693,790 times
If this was Cesar's company I could understand suing him, though in this case, if there is proof the woman took the dog out of their care against their judgement, I would imagine the suit being thrown out. I am sorry she got mauled, but if person who was training this dog or caring for this dog in the facility explained to the woman that the dog was not ready to come home and may still be a danger to her, then it's the woman's fault for not taking that advice seriously. I hope this case gets tossed. I haven't heard all the details, but from it sounds like, it is frivolous.

Old 02-06-2015, 06:29 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,433,650 times
This link tells a slightly different, but inconsistent story, first stating the dog was released because the owner fell behind on payments, but then saying the trainer involved strongly recommended the owner not take the dog back. This link also says the dog had been ordered to be euthanized for aggression before Milan's Dog Psychology Center agreed to take it in. Of course a judge had to agree with this, but as the owner of two pit bulls I get very frustrated when "advocates" refuse to entertain the thought of aggressive dogs being euthanized. Every one of these attacks does further damage to the "breed", as well as doing harm to the people who are attacked. At any rate, I think more information is needed here.

http://www.dogingtonpost.com/dog-whi...er-dog-attack/

Old 02-07-2015, 08:27 AM

5,898 posts, read 6,966,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
as the owner of two pit bulls I get very frustrated when "advocates" refuse to entertain the thought of aggressive dogs being euthanized. Every one of these attacks does further damage to the "breed", as well as doing harm to the people who are attacked.
OTOH - it seems some are in a rush to put down any "aggressive" pit. It most cases, there are organizations, such as Best Friends, that willing to work with the dog before giving up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities