Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2022, 08:19 PM

1,824 posts, read 796,358 times

Advertisements

I look at it this way...She worked, so she must have had Social Security withheld, right? She can hang in there for 5 more years. If they were married for 10 years, she gets survivors benefits, too. Then she just has to learn to live the way many of us do...modestly. There are lots of jobs out there, too...at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, etc. Give that a shot, Paulina!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2022, 10:09 PM

15,407 posts, read 7,468,300 times
New York law entitles a spouse to the greater of $50k or one third of the estate, regardless of the terms of the wll https://legacyassuranceplan.com/arti...rce-Ric-Ocasek

Porizkova has said she settled with Ocasek's estate under the terms in NY law.

Old 11-24-2022, 01:07 PM

23,261 posts, read 18,777,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
New York law entitles a spouse to the greater of $50k or one third of the estate, regardless of the terms of the wll https://legacyassuranceplan.com/arti...rce-Ric-Ocasek

Interesting article! Learn something new every day.

Old 11-25-2022, 11:45 AM

19,610 posts, read 12,210,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Right, a big eff you to Paulina, too bad he wouldn't be alive to see it.

I don't understand why anyone would divorce at that point with Ric being in his 70's. Paulina is the mother to his adult son's, they'd lived married for 30 years, even living in the same house still but different rooms. Legally in a divorce she would have been entitled to half of what they have in most states. I'm not sure if NY was their main home state. She would have been entitled to 35% to 50% for a 30 year marriage.

You'd think Ric would want Paulina to be entitled to his social security, if he had a pension or whatever else, obviously he was pissed about something. One article said they hadn't had sex in 5 years, sounds like they had been living in a town home worth $10 million but in different rooms.

Since they were not divorced, she was entitled to a cut of his will. According to an article I see, she gets a third, I guess splitting it with their kids and from his first marriage. Two sons did not get anything.

Hopefully she was given a fair cut which will give her enough to live on until her time comes. Who knows if she's paid into social security. This may be the only nest egg she gets unless she finds someone else since she's still fairly young. I know I wouldn't want to date at this age.
Why would you expect to be in and EX spouses will anyway? They have moved on, may get remarried, leave the estate to children. Divorce settlement, then done.

He jumped the gun and didn't know the law or just wanted to get that in there. I dont' know why she would be shocked.

They may have lived separately together but I suspect he didn't like her dating in that situation, and she was dating. She may have been throwing it in his face because she is holding a lot of resentment against Rick not just because of the will but she is looking through the lens of modern thinking and sees him as a controlling groomer of a naive teen girl and she feels she was dominated by him for the whole marriage. Maybe until they started separating and she started dating. He did note abandonment on the papers.
There's some real resentment from both sides.

Paulina may have run low on liquid assets temporarily but she was never poor or going to be poor.

She did have a boyfriend recently for a bit and has been dissing him publicly too.

Between her and Valerie Bertinelli they might as well form the aging female celeb angry man hating cat lady brigade.

Old 11-25-2022, 06:27 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:

Thanks, that's what I thought, was just too lazy to look it up.

She sure did not abandon him, they were living in the same house, she's the one who found him.

Well, it was wishful thinking for him to try to write her out as a last eff you to her. What a jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Why would you expect to be in and EX spouses will anyway? They have moved on, may get remarried, leave the estate to children. Divorce settlement, then done.

He jumped the gun and didn't know the law or just wanted to get that in there. I dont' know why she would be shocked.

They may have lived separately together but I suspect he didn't like her dating in that situation, and she was dating. She may have been throwing it in his face because she is holding a lot of resentment against Rick not just because of the will but she is looking through the lens of modern thinking and sees him as a controlling groomer of a naive teen girl and she feels she was dominated by him for the whole marriage. Maybe until they started separating and she started dating. He did note abandonment on the papers.
There's some real resentment from both sides.

Paulina may have run low on liquid assets temporarily but she was never poor or going to be poor.

She did have a boyfriend recently for a bit and has been dissing him publicly too.

Between her and Valerie Bertinelli they might as well form the aging female celeb angry man hating cat lady brigade.

I didn't follow either of them so am clueless about her dating. Legally they had not divorced yet. She says they hadn't had sex in like 5 years which I'd believe. I'm sure it did a number on her head since she's still fairly young at 58. She has one year on me lol

I'll be surprised if the press doesn't put her back out there with modeling like some other 80's models like the one blond who's sister died. Google says Niki Taylor. She's still a cover girl in the commercials.

If Paulina is smart, she won't remarry unless she finds a good sugar daddy who has more then Ric did. She's entitled to his social security survivor benefits.

Old 11-26-2022, 12:20 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,949,985 times
Quote:

Ah, but here's the secret:

Only a small part of Ric Ocasek's fortune was included in his will. The rest of it was sheltered and beyond Paulina's grasp. It's great to be able to have expensive lawyers worth their weight in gold.

Old 11-26-2022, 12:27 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,949,985 times
Quote:

Classic!

Old 11-26-2022, 01:39 PM

18,053 posts, read 15,645,534 times
Porizkova & Ocasek weren't divorced, they were separated, and supposedly she still visited him and especially checked on him when he was sick. They still had some kind of relationship maybe they were civil and friendly to an extent, even though they were separated. She's the one who found his body.

Bertinelli allegedly paid $2.2M to her ex-husband as part of the divorce settlement. She's entitled to be happy to be done with a (perhaps toxic) marriage.

I see a lot of unhappy marriages where one partner disparages the other to anyone who will listen. It's actually common. I'm sure if they had the attention of a much wider audience, they'd spill the tea there too.

Old 11-26-2022, 01:56 PM

19,610 posts, read 12,210,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Porizkova & Ocasek weren't divorced, they were separated, and supposedly she still visited him and especially checked on him when he was sick. They still had some kind of relationship maybe they were civil and friendly to an extent, even though they were separated. She's the one who found his body.

Bertinelli allegedly paid $2.2M to her ex-husband as part of the divorce settlement. She's entitled to be happy to be done with a (perhaps toxic) marriage.

I see a lot of unhappy marriages where one partner disparages the other to anyone who will listen. It's actually common. I'm sure if they had the attention of a much wider audience, they'd spill the tea there too.
I would be afraid of getting sued. Tell your friends about your no good ex not the world. There sure are two sides to every story and Ric cant tell his. Val's ex isn't saying anything. This is not all Paulina and Bertinelli whine about, they are always out there seeking attention and complaining about things and crying on tic toc when they truly are fortunate women compared to most people.

Old 11-26-2022, 02:18 PM

18,053 posts, read 15,645,534 times
Quote:
I would be afraid of getting sued. Tell your friends about your no good ex not the world. There sure are two sides to every story and Ric cant tell his. Val's ex isn't saying anything. This is not all Paulina and Bertinelli whine about, they are always out there seeking attention and complaining about things and crying on tic toc when they truly are fortunate women compared to most people.
Bertinelli didn't say anything specific about her ex, she said *she's* happy to be divorced and called it a great day. People can't be sued for telling the truth. Nothing she said disparaged the ex in her comment.

Porizkova was/is a celebrity with a worldwide audience and media who was interested in her, and she had a story to tell. Yes, she took those opportunities to vent and spill her feelings and leverage social media. Just like so many other celebs.

Consumers maintain the ultimate control -- that is the OFF button on their TV, or they can go to another site online and don't read the articles. These stories fade away, as all celeb stories do, eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities