Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 08:48 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,356 times

Advertisements

How many of you are getting tired of female celebrities who lie about having plastic surgery?

I read an article about Nicole Kidman recently where she said she's never had anything done on her face. Huh? It is so blatantly obvious that not only does she use Botox, but if you look at pictures of her from her early days in show business, you can see she's had a nose job, a chin implant, and more recently lip enhancement.

Olivia Newton-John also recently denied having anything done. And I ask you, how can these women blatantly lie when it is so OBVIOUS that they've had work done? Why not simply say, "It's personal and I don't care to discuss it." At least they wouldn't be lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 04:54 PM

91 posts, read 226,165 times
And yet, they rarely deny having boob jobs.

Everyone wants to pretend to be a "natural" beauty & ageless.

They're so shallow & insecure in Hollywood. It's sad and it's pathetic.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:04 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,105,708 times
Kind of like Dolly Parden, for years and years when someone would make a comment about her breast size she would say "I was blessed by God". Anyone with a brain would have figured how "blessed" she really was if they saw older photos and video clips of her back in the 60s. I am curious as to why no one ever called her on that.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:41 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
You know what? I blame the media. They have access to photos like these, and yet when someone like Nicole Kidman makes a statement that's she's never had any work done, why can't they whip out one of these and say, "splain, Lucy!"

//www.city-data.com/forum/1433226-post55.html
Attached Thumbnails
Femal Celebritites who Lie about Plastic Surgery-nkidmanbmx.bmp   Femal Celebritites who Lie about Plastic Surgery-nkidman.bmp  

Old 02-06-2009, 06:29 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,284,201 times
Default it all started in the 1990s

when the media started asking young Generation X celebs like Cindy Crawford if she "would ever go under the knife". At 20 something what was she supposed to say-- "Yes, I would totally go under the knife"? The answer back then and now varies from "people have to do what makes them happy" which dodges the bullet but now, actresses over 30 can't really say that and instead have gone to, "no way, I have not had any work done". Actresses say this knowing that everyone knows about their nose job, Botox, fake boobs, etc. It's like they live in an alternate reality or something. Some people even believe them, like the ones who say Angelina has not had a nose job, etc. Apparently we live in a new culture where it is unacceptable to be ugly, old, etc. but also wrong to have or want surgery.

Jennifer Anniston did not have her nose revised, she had a "deviated septum". I don't really care what Jen did to her nose, the media focusing on it is polluting the culture, who now knows what a rhinoplasy is, something I've noticed most people barely understand, having a very bad nose job myself.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:48 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,297,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You know what? I blame the media. They have access to photos like these, and yet when someone like Nicole Kidman makes a statement that's she's never had any work done, why can't they whip out one of these and say, "splain, Lucy!"

I don't really see any obvious differences, other than a plumper face. And she appeared to have a little ruddiness in her complexion. In those years she wasn't the toothpick she is now. I own "Far & Away" and she still looked a bit like this but the features were still the same. I think most of what we're used to seeing in the last 10 years or so is simply make-up artistry. And her hair has thinned out considerably around the hairline.

I, too, noticed that botox 'stiffness' on her brow several years ago.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:37 PM

2,278 posts, read 3,921,585 times
Lol...Nicole Kidman is referred to as "Granny Freeze" in one of the blogs. Theres too many of them to mention when it comes to plastic surgery...

Joyce Wildenstein (sp?) is a natural beauty.....

Old 02-09-2009, 11:03 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
I don't really see any obvious differences, other than a plumper face. And she appeared to have a little ruddiness in her complexion. In those years she wasn't the toothpick she is now. I own "Far & Away" and she still looked a bit like this but the features were still the same. I think most of what we're used to seeing in the last 10 years or so is simply make-up artistry. And her hair has thinned out considerably around the hairline.

I, too, noticed that botox 'stiffness' on her brow several years ago.
Look at the photo in this link:

The only thing that looks the same are her teeth. Actually, even those have been slightly enhanced if you compare it to recent pics. Obvious difference number 1 - she used to have really no upper lip to speak of. Watch the movie Dead Calm - she still hadn't done much to change her look there. Obvious difference number 2 - look at how wide the tip of her nose is in the picture in my link - now compare that to her nose in Moulin Rouge. Obvious difference 3 - look at all the freckles! Now she has porcelain skin - waxy, unmoving, botoxed to death porcelain skin. The critics really chewed her up in that latest movie she's in - for her wooden face.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:18 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
holy cow crap batman-she looks totally different.

Quote:

The only thing that looks the same are her teeth. Actually, even those have been slightly enhanced if you compare it to recent pics. Obvious difference number 1 - she used to have really no upper lip to speak of. Watch the movie Dead Calm - she still hadn't done much to change her look there. Obvious difference number 2 - look at how wide the tip of her nose is in the picture in my link - now compare that to her nose in Moulin Rouge. Obvious difference 3 - look at all the freckles! Now she has porcelain skin - waxy, unmoving, botoxed to death porcelain skin. The critics really chewed her up in that latest movie she's in - for her wooden face.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:27 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,297,759 times
Quote:

I caught a glimpse of her at "The Grammys" last night and noticed her inflated lips. As I wrote in another thread, she now looks like any other groupie fish in Hollywood. She didn't need it.

I preferred her ruddier complexion, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities