Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 11:00 AM

606 posts, read 1,235,109 times

Advertisements

Do you think that these celebs are getting too much plastic surgery these days? I do, I think it is sad because some celebs are getting plastic surgery as young as 21 years old. They look like awful I think. I can not imagine what they will look like in 10 years. What I don't understand is why the hell do they all want to look alike? Big boobs, bubble lips etc....I think that the most beautiful celebs are the ones who NEVER got plastic surgery. It seems to me that to be a celeb you must have plastic surgery, which is so wrong. I for one am totally against any cosmetic surgery, yuck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 12:32 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,340,608 times
There's nothing wrong with plastic surgery, I support plastic surgery for someone who has been in an accident or something along those lines. There's nothing wrong with getting a procedure or two done but the celebrities over do it, I heard MJ had to use ear cartilage to keep his nose on, thats too much.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:11 PM

182 posts, read 647,370 times
I hate too much botox. Its hard to see emotion when their face doesn't move

Old 08-31-2009, 08:46 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,324,343 times
I think so!
Just look at formerly pretty women such as Meg Ryan, Hunter Tylo, French actress Emmanuelle Beart etc etc... They used to be beautiful, now they look fake!
Same for men: just look what happened to Michael Jackson... or look at Mickey Rourke... Scary faces!

Old 08-31-2009, 01:00 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04glow View Post
Do you think that these celebs are getting too much plastic surgery these days? I do, I think it is sad because some celebs are getting plastic surgery as young as 21 years old. They look like awful I think. I can not imagine what they will look like in 10 years. What I don't understand is why the hell do they all want to look alike? Big boobs, bubble lips etc....I think that the most beautiful celebs are the ones who NEVER got plastic surgery. It seems to me that to be a celeb you must have plastic surgery, which is so wrong. I for one am totally against any cosmetic surgery, yuck!
I pretty much agree. I personally wouldn't want the risk of surgery for a purely cosmetic reason. I won't say I never will do it, but at the moment, I have no desire or plan to have any sort of cosmetic procedure (I'm 36). I think it is a shame that people feel like they need cosmetic surgery at such a young age. And you look at some of the people who've had it and it is a disaster - Joan Rivers, Kenny Rogers... They'd look better if they'd just grown old gracefully.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:03 PM

433 posts, read 876,386 times
Halle Berry is beautiful and all natural

Old 08-31-2009, 01:11 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times
It seems to be a never ending cycle because our looks change as we age. Old people that have had surgery tend to look much worse if they dont update it every few years. Oh and the Lip botox thing...terrible idea ladies.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:17 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,863,589 times
I don't mind the boob jobs or the occasional nose job, but the botox, face lifts, and lip injections are just over the top and fake looking.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:47 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,330,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I think so!
Just look at formerly pretty women such as Meg Ryan, Hunter Tylo, French actress Emmanuelle Beart etc etc... They used to be beautiful, now they look fake!
Same for men: just look what happened to Michael Jackson... or look at Mickey Rourke... Scary faces!
mickey rourke looks like he just finished one of his boxing matches hje is a great actor though

Old 09-02-2009, 06:29 PM

52 posts, read 120,634 times
I think that plastic surgery is great when used if you were in an accident or had a deformity.

If you are a celeb, or even a normal person, and you want a little nip or tuck here or there - fine.
If you want a smaller nose or bigger boobies, fine.
I don't see a problem with getting 1 or 2 surgeries to enhance yourself.
NOT make yourself look like a brand new person.
None of the smaller nose, bigger lips, new teeth and implants thing.

It bothers me so much when celebs get all this plastic surgery.

It bothers me most though when you see women, and even dudes, who are voted "hottest in the world" or whatever when it's common knowledge that all of the features that people think are hot about them (like the cheek bones, the lips, teeth, boobs, butt) are totally 1OO% FAKE.

It's a total bummer to think that some of the world's "hottest women"
weren't really all that hot before they got all those surgeries.

I would love it, to open up a magazine or see someone in a movie who is totally beautiful and know that that person is all real or mostly real.

Same with all the fake hair, fake lashes, fake nails, fake tan stuff too.
Then throw on the tons and tons of make up and photo shop.

A little bit here and there can be amazing. It can boost confidence.

I think it's gotten to the point where it's an obsession.

Whatever happened to being famous because you are talented, not just because you bought your way to celeb hotness?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities