Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 09:24 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,188,785 times

Advertisements

Oh man...I love but Adam as much as you guys do but Muse is my absolute favorite band and Matthew Bellamy is a true musical genius who plays both piano and guitar with sheer virtuosity and he has a vocal range even more stunning than Adam's (I'm a classically trained soprano and believe me, Matthew Bellamy has an extraordinary vocal range, especially for a man). As happy as I am that Adam's a fellow fan and giving Muse some exposure in the US I haven't loved the way Adam sings "Starlight" or the Muse-arrangement of "Feeling Good". Maybe it's because I've listened to Muse singing them hundreds of times and I don't think ANYONE can touch them. I was psyched when I heard Adam was going to sing Starlight but when I heard it I was disappointed, to be honest.

Starlight isn't even one of Muse's best songs from their last album, "Blackholes and Revelations" (released in 2006), though it was one of their singles. My favorite songs from that album are:

"City of Delusion" (album recorded version):

YouTube - Muse - City Of Delusion

and "Take a Bow" (album recorded version):

YouTube - Muse - Take A Bow

"Take a Bow" (Live):

YouTube - Muse - Take a Bow

and the haunting "Hoodoo" (album recorded version):

YouTube - Muse - Hoodoo

Live version of "Hoodoo":

YouTube - Muse - Hoodoo Live Isle Of Wight Festival 2007 HQ

Here are some more Muse songs that show how incredible Matthew Bellamy is:

From the album "Absolution" (released in 2003):

One of my favorite of all Muse songs, Apocalypse Please (the album recorded version with lyrics):

YouTube - Muse - Apocalypse Please

Here's "Apocalypse Please" live (at Pinkpop 2004):

YouTube - Muse - Apocalypse Please - Live

and live at Glastonbury:

YouTube - Muse-Apocalypse Please at Glastonbury 2004

Another favorite - "Butterflies and Hurricanes", live at Glastonbury (watch him especially between 2:50 to 4:50):

YouTube - MUSE Butterflies and Hurricanes

live at the Reading Festival:

YouTube - Muse - Butterflies & Hurricanes - Live Reading Festival 2006

The recorded version with lyrics:

YouTube - MUSE - Butterflies & Hurricanes [LYRICS]

From their first album "Showbiz" (released in 1999):

A really beautiful song, "Unintended" (the recorded version with lyrics):

YouTube - Muse - unintended

and

Two songs in one, live - "Muscle Museum" and "Cave" - both big favorites of mine:

YouTube - Muse-Muscle Museum and Cave at the Zenith

From their second album "Origin of Symmetry":

"Plug in Baby" (live at the Reading festival):

YouTube - Muse - Plug in Baby (live at reading)

(Live at Glastonbury):

YouTube - Plug In Baby Glastonbury

"Newborn" (live from Hullabaloo):

YouTube - Muse Hullabaloo - New Born

"Newborn" live from Wembley Stadium:

YouTube - Muse - New Born (HAARP Tour: Live from Wembley)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 10:32 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,957 times
I'm a huge Muse fan too! And have thought that Matthew Bellamy is amazing since I encountered the group. No doubt that he is a musical genius. But I do like Adam's Starlight version better than the original. His voice is clearer and smoother for me than Matthew's and that gives the song a dreamy quality. Have you heard Adam sing it live, tao? Maybe that's the magic that gives it the edge for me. It was flawless at the concert.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:36 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,957 times
Oh and tao, thank you for posting the videos! I always heart hearing Butterflies and Hurricanes, Hoodoo and Unintended.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:00 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,188,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Have you heard Adam sing it live, tao? Maybe that's the magic that gives it the edge for me. It was flawless at the concert.
No, but I heard Matthew sing it live when I saw Muse at Red Rocks in 2007 and it was transcendental. I've seen YouTubes of Adam singing it and I just can't compare it. But again, that's my personal taste. No one compares to Muse and especially Matthew Bellamy, in my book.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:53 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,253,049 times
Well written review from the NYT AI performance in New York. Poor Kris.
Clip:
...Losing the competition — to the tepid Kris Allen, who has most likely inspired no homespun jockstrap tributes — has done little to dilute the phenomenon of Mr. Lambert, as was clear at the Prudential Center here on Sunday night. This year’s “American Idols Live!†tour, which features the Top 10 performers of Season 8 on Fox, could have easily passed for an Adam Lambert concert with nine supporting acts.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/11/ar...gewanted=print

Old 08-11-2009, 01:39 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,673,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post
No, but I heard Matthew sing it live when I saw Muse at Red Rocks in 2007 and it was transcendental. I've seen YouTubes of Adam singing it and I just can't compare it. But again, that's my personal taste. No one compares to Muse and especially Matthew Bellamy, in my book.
squeeek, (door opens)
Psst...
Here is my Muse thread //www.city-data.com/forum/music/384028-muse.html
So as to not overtake the glamberts here
FYI---Glorious does it for me!

Old 08-11-2009, 04:06 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Yes, no doubt about Adam's voice,
I just like to plug Muse when I can, they are getting some PR from our boy!
I actually like Adam's version better and that is epic coming from a Muse fan like myself. He sang "Feeling Good" in the show, a Muse version also, and he just blew me away!

YouTube - Adam Lambert - Feeling Good - American Idol

Don't you just miss seeing him every week! That final note!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That final note is the only reason I listen to the song, he is so amazing. Can't get enough of him
I still like Adam singing that version better than the way Michael Bublea (sp) sings it also. My mom loved that version until she heard Adam and she isn't even an Adam fan

Old 08-11-2009, 06:33 PM

Really amazing how many cross over fans he has!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:23 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,968,985 times
Forgive me if this has been posted, but I found this today.

Home | The Official Adam Lambert Site

Old 08-12-2009, 07:42 AM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities