Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:18 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,459,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Yeah...jokes are just that. Jokes. I really get annoyed by the whole PC thing (obviously there are some things you shouldnt make fun of...at least not mean, hateful jokes...like against handicapped people, etc)
SAD a white women is not one of them!

Just another form of sexism towards women from the left! Glad to know it is alive and well in America I wonder where it has been? This election year sure brought it out from hiding didn't it. Sad thing it never left it was just hiding and now it is ok to attack women again! Progress yep progress..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 09:19 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,313,327 times
This girl will be messed up by the time she is 20, I would not blame Jamie Foxx though. Her Dad, Billy Ray is a weirdo who is more than willing to pimp his own daughter for money, I mean, those pictures of Dad and little girl for that magazine were borderline incest, Billy Ray is sick.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:21 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,351,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
A clip has been posted on YouTube (and embedded below) allegedly containing audio of Jamie Foxx unleashing a profanity-laced rant on 16-year-old Miley Cyrus on his Sirius Radio show The Foxxhole last weekend. Foxx, 41, and others in the studio are seemingly heard criticizing Cyrus' physical appearance and making other negative comments directed at her, including "make a sex tape and grow up" ..........

click on the link to see this outrageous Jamie Foxx...and where is the outcry to have him fired...or is it as he claims..allowed because he is a comedian?
Why did a white person got fired and was the outcry so loud and now you hardly hear anything...who else is sick of the double standards?

Jamie Foxx unleashes NSFW rant on Miley Cyrus | TV, movie and music news | Radio | EW.com
I'm sorry, but I thought it was rather mild. (Imus didn't bother me either). You can hear the same thing on almost any TV show (just not as blunt, and still not funny), but, in this day and age, celebrities (and elected officials) are fair game.

If you listen to his show and don't like it, then complain. If you don't listen,
just go sit in your pew in church and pray. As they said, they are all going to hell anyway.

Last edited by plannine; 04-15-2009 at 10:09 AM..

Old 04-15-2009, 09:24 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,518,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

Neither is a black woman, or man, or white man (white male here). I find jokes about all of them funny.

Why should I get mad about a joke on a white woman? If its funny and genuinely just a joke I see no problem with it.

I have laughed about jokes on white men, black men, white women, black women, indians (dot and feather), asians, mexicans, canadians, etc.

I just feel there are very few things that are off-limits (those would be disabilities, handicaps, whatever).

Old 04-15-2009, 09:25 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,459,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
What's going to happen when someone confronts your teenager and you're not around? Are they going to have to panic and run for an adult, or diffuse the situation and handle it themselves with confidence?

Someone making a snide comment about a teenager is not "robbing them of their innocence". That's ridiculous. You should be setting your kids up for the real world by the time they're in high school - ESPECIALLY if they are in the public eye.
AGAIN..................... this was not a private event....................

It was on the RADIO for MILLIONS to hear!!!!!

Ok it is not a SNIDE comment that would be more like ................ wow did you see what she had on today omg.................
NOT make A SEX TAPE.

BTW I have a teenager and a 20 something I know how it works thankyou very much. Obviously you dont know how tender a teenagers heart is and how damaging words like what Foxx said are! No matter the front they project to others!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:27 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,518,843 times
^^^ Best defense against that is quick wits.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:27 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,313,327 times
Miley Cyrus is such an innocent little girl! This is what she said:

It’s my favorite show! I love it!” says 15-year-old Miley Cyrus, speaking of Sex and the City over spinach-artichoke dip in a dingy Toluca Lake restaurant that for some reason, possibly native to the San Fernando Valley, is divided between cheerful families enjoying Saturday lunches and a glum row of barflies passing time by watching I-don’t-know-what on ESPN Classic.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:32 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,674,760 times
Quote:

Just another form of sexism towards women from the left! Glad to know it is alive and well in America I wonder where it has been? This election year sure brought it out from hiding didn't it. Sad thing it never left it was just hiding and now it is ok to attack women again! Progress yep progress..
How is this left v. right?

It's just a comedian making a stupid joke... yet everyone rushes to pit left v. right, black v. white.

OH THE OUTRAGE!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:34 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,674,760 times
Quote:
AGAIN..................... this was not a private event....................

It was on the RADIO for MILLIONS to hear!!!!!

Ok it is not a SNIDE comment that would be more like ................ wow did you see what she had on today omg.................
NOT make A SEX TAPE.

BTW I have a teenager and a 20 something I know how it works thankyou very much. Obviously you dont know how tender a teenagers heart is and how damaging words like what Foxx said are! No matter the front they project to others!
Sorry, my heart was not "Tender" as a teen, I was taught to take care of myself if someone made fun of me. If your kids are that sensitive, you've got a problem on your hands. Kids in HS say things 10x worse to other kids in school. I raised my brother who just graduated and was very timid until we taught him how to stand up for himself, and it saved him a WORLLLDDD of pain - before then he would get upset, then he learned how to take charge of his own emotions and was a new freaking person.

BTW, it's not broadcast to MILLIONS! It's a pay service, that you also must authorize XL content on. So a teenager should not even be hearing it.

Spare me the false outrage.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:37 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,251,072 times
Quote:

I think most people are upset that he made these comments about a minor. Although I also think some of y'all are upset that he made inappropriate remarks about a white woman.

I don't know but to go as far as to say it's a women's lib thing is a bit much. And doggone it we let you vote and drive cars what more do you want?

But seriously I think sexism is a strong word. At the end of the day he said some things that weren't very nice. That's it. And I'm sure he may have done it for this reaction. Before the controversy I didn't know Jamie Foxx even had a radio show. Now I do and so do millions of other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities