Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 07:41 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,020,368 times

Advertisements

Michael held great sway in defining the 80's. Really great music. I think all his troubles during the past few years had really taken a toll on him. Anybody under that much stress often winds up physically sick. Too bad for him. Sympathy to all the other fans and family. RIP Michael.

I can remember seeing Michael and his brothers, The Jackson Five, on Ed Sullivan or American Bandstand. Little did we know.....

Old 06-25-2009, 07:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
The guy was possibly the greatest entertainer ever, he was a little weird as money makes people and he caught a lot of flak for it.

RIP MJ.
I don't know about the greatest ever, you can put him at the top of some lists, but I think GREATEST depends on what makes someone the greatest.
I wouldn't put him above, Elvis, Frank or maybe even Jack Benny (if anyone even remembers him) just to mention a few..

As for a little wierd, no, not all people with money or all entertainers are as weird as he was...

I may add, I am a little surprised that all tonights programs, even everything on FOX is being preempted to cover his death, especially when he wasn't the only entertainer to die today...

I think the media blitz has more to do with the shock of his death.

Nita

Old 06-25-2009, 07:47 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,129 times
The most talented performer in the world whether you like him or thought he was a pervert. He was truly an AMAZING STAR and in my book will always be A SHINING BRIGHT STAR I will miss him extremely....

Old 06-25-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
He was a lot weird, even by entertainment industry standards.
wanted to rep you on this, but I have to spread the reps around: my feeling expactly. Yes, lots of entertainers and people with money are different, but he was more than that, he was just plain nuts...

Mach, no one is throwing punches at a dead man, we are throwing punches at your comment about Just a little weird like lots of people with money. There is a big difference between having money and being weird. This does not mean his death is tragic or sad.

BTW, I meant he death is tragic and sad..
Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 06-25-2009 at 08:02 PM..

Old 06-25-2009, 07:53 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wanted to rep you on this, but I have to spread the reps around: my feeling expactly. Yes, lots of entertainers and people with money are different, but he was more than that, he was just plain nuts...

Mach, no one is throwing punches at a dead man, we are throwing punches at your comment about Just a little weird like lots of people with money. There is a big difference between having money and being weird. This does not mean his death is tragic or sad.
Nita
Do you mean to say ..... "This does not mean his death is NOT tragic or sad." ?

Old 06-25-2009, 07:56 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,112,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
I'm actually surprised he lasted as long as he did. I figured it would be an OD.
Have you lost your mind?! Michael Jackson has NEVER taken drugs.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:57 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,091,126 times
Quote:
This does not mean his death is tragic or sad.

Nita
Any death is tragic and/or sad for those that know the person. If people fell so in love with his music or act that they feel like they know him or even love him, then it is tragic and sad for them.

I didn't care for his music or his act, and thus, am not saddened by it. But I can understand why others would be. For myself, the celebrity I'll be most saddened by will be when David Letterman goes to the other side. I've been watching him since a little, little boy and he's also where I got a bit of my darkest humour from LOL

Having said that, my lasting memory of Wacko Jacko (sorry, it is what it is) will be him hanging 'Blanket' off the balcony.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Do you mean to say ..... "This does not mean his death is NOT tragic or sad." ?
Thanks TT, Of course that is what I meant..Wow, I am glad you caught that..

Nita

Old 06-25-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Any death is tragic and/or sad for those that know the person. If people fell so in love with his music or act that they feel like they know him or even love him, then it is tragic and sad for them.

I didn't care for his music or his act, and thus, am not saddened by it. But I can understand why others would be. For myself, the celebrity I'll be most saddened by will be when David Letterman goes to the other side. I've been watching him since a little, little boy and he's also where I got a bit of my darkest humour from LOL

Having said that, my lasting memory of Wacko Jacko (sorry, it is what it is) will be him hanging 'Blanket' off the balcony.
Oh for God sake, you know what I meant, Of course his death is tragic and yes, he will be missed by many, especially his family. It was typo for heavens sake...

Nita

Old 06-25-2009, 08:03 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,091,126 times
Quote:
Oh for God sake, you know what I meant, Of course his death is tragic and yes, he will be missed by many, especially his family. It was typo for heavens sake...

Nita
Actually, I didn't. It wasn't a typo - it was you left a word out of a sentence. And it made sense. Did I flame you for it? No.

Don't jump on me for that. What you said wasn't even that terrible - some people don't feel saddened when a faraway celebrity dies. Why would you if you had little connection to the person? So, keep your attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities