Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 11:46 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,263,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I hope this is true (the above article), but from all accounts and the brevity of the article I doubt it. The man was in a frail condition and "handled" by people who didn't have his best interests at heart for decades.

I was always a fan of his music, but very critical of his behavior over the years. However, if you add all of it up, it starts to make sense.

And BTW, I don't believe that he ever touched a child in a sexual manner; if he did that I would raze him as bad as anyone and called for him to be imprisoned.

I think the guy was just trying to relive the childhood that he was never allowed to have, although inviting children to spend the night at his home was stupid as hell and shouldn't be done, even if one only had the best intentions.

But, I can only feel more sad for MJ if the Sun article is true. To me, it indicates he was being sucked dry by people that only wanted to use him to make money and he ultimately collapsed under the pressure and medications that they were force-feeding him.
I don't think MJ ever molested a child and agree he was trying to capture the childhood he never enjoyed. How could anyone believe it after reading the GQ article. I don't know how his accusers can live with themselves. MJ never should have settled. One who has longtime business association (can't remember the link) was on the set and hugged him, said he was thin, but that MJ was always thin. Another said he doubts if MJ could have finished 50 concerts. There are so many comments and accounts floating around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 11:50 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,460,804 times
Oh yes, Janet was the closest sibling to him. But adult siblings, while loving each other, may not be in each other's everyday circle, and even a well-intentioned advise may be acknowledged but not accepted.

Apparently Lisa Marie Presley, as a wife, also couldn't succeed in getting Michael off drugs.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:58 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,019,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I don't think MJ ever molested a child and agree he was trying to capture the childhood he never enjoyed. How could anyone believe it after reading the GQ article. I don't know how his accusers can live with themselves. MJ never should have settled. One who has longtime business association (can't remember the link) was on the set and hugged him, said he was thin, but that MJ was always thin. Another said he doubts if MJ could have finished 50 concerts. There are so many comments and accounts floating around.
It's said he took bad advice in settling. He wanted to fight it but eventually gave in to their bad advice.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Oh yes, Janet was the closest sibling to him. But adult siblings, while loving each other, may not be in each other's everyday circle, and even a well-intentioned advise may be acknowledged but not accepted.

Apparently Lisa Marie Presley, as a wife, also couldn't succeed in getting Michael off drugs.
I'm surprised Michael didn't have a recent will because of the kids. All reports indicate he was a loving father. I don't know if this is reliable. Joe Jackson is responsible for a lot Michael's problems, but like to be control right now.
Clip:
The person close to the family said that while there were reports that the singer was distant from his family, Jackson spoke with his mother, Katherine, quite regularly and his father, Joe, had seen his son shortly before his death. His other eight siblings, including fellow superstar Janet, may not have talked to him recently but were not estranged.
The Associated Press: Jesse Jackson: Family wants 2nd autopsy

Old 06-29-2009, 12:32 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,460,804 times
The battle for the kids is going to be worse than for the daughter of Ann-Nicole Smith. In the recent AP release, "a lawyer for Deborah Rowe, the mother of Jackson's two oldest children, issued a statement Saturday asking that the Jackson family "be able to say goodbye to their loved ones in peace."

"be able to say goodbye to their loved ones in peace." ???????????

As if it's a given that she is going to get the kids. After seeing them how many times in their lives?

This statement is said to have been retracted, so nobody knows so far what's truth, what's not.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:54 PM

10,177 posts, read 20,800,438 times
Michael Jackson seemingly had no control over his life during the last decade or so. His concern over having to perform 50 shows as opposed the only 10, speaks volumes about the people around him. Why would he allow them to dictate the amount of shows or any other aspect of his life? My guess is that they had some photos or video footage of Jackson in a compromising position. Maybe photos of gay lovers or something worse and used them as blackmail. Don't forget, he was worth over a billion dollars yet allegedly died worth just a fraction of that amount. Where did all that money go? He made millions alone just on royalties.

Something was sketchy about the people who surrounded him in his final years. The doctor, his aides and even family members all have some deep dark secrets, not only of their own, but some of Michael's as well. Perhaps the truth will come out some day, it would be interesting to hear form the two children who accused him of molestation later on when they are adults. Why Jackson would pay out $22 million to settle a case if he was innocent. All the allegations of homosexual lovers revolving in and out of his life, and the bizarre marriages to Presley and Rowe. Once the dust settles it will still be difficult to decipher who is telling the truth and who isn't unless someone can provide hard evidence to support any claims. I'm sure there will be several books coming out with conflicting claims that will only add more questions that answers about a very troubled and disturbed entertainer.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Michael Jackson seemingly had no control over his life during the last decade or so. His concern over having to perform 50 shows as opposed the only 10, speaks volumes about the people around him. Why would he allow them to dictate the amount of shows or any other aspect of his life? My guess is that they had some photos or video footage of Jackson in a compromising position. Maybe photos of gay lovers or something worse and used them as blackmail. Don't forget, he was worth over a billion dollars yet allegedly died worth just a fraction of that amount. Where did all that money go? He made millions alone just on royalties.
Michael was a compulsive shopper and could easily spend $1-million or more in an afternoon on art, antiques, etc. In the interview with Martin Basheer (sp?) the cameras followed around for one afternoon. It was amazing how much he could spend. Defending himself on those trumped up charges by the grifter family cost him plenty. Plus, he surrounded himself with people who preyed on his lack of business knowledge. I read that one project that was supposed to yield MJ 8-million he ended with $225,000 after all the leeches took their cut. I don't care if Michael was gay. The majority of people don't care any more. It's none of anybody's business. Please don't confuse perversion (child molester) with being gay. They have absolutely nothing in common.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:21 PM

10,177 posts, read 20,800,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Michael was a compulsive shopper and could easily spend $1-million or more in an afternoon on art, antiques, etc. In the interview with Martin Basheer (sp?) the cameras followed around for one afternoon. It was amazing how much he could spend. Defending himself on those trumped up charges by the grifter family cost him plenty. Plus, he surrounded himself with people who preyed on his lack of business knowledge. I read that one project that was supposed to yield MJ 8-million he ended with $225,000 after all the leeches took their cut. I don't care if Michael was gay. The majority of people don't care any more. It's none of anybody's business. Please don't confuse perversion (child molester) with being gay. They have absolutely nothing in common.

Who said anything about confusing child molesters with gays? I'm simply listing many of the allegations that have surfaced over the years. It's funny how some of you fans think you KNOW Michael on a personal level simply because you are star struck and read the tabloids or Wikipedia. I'm not bashing him or defending him. I am saying you can anticipate a lot of speculation for the next few years, something he brought upon himself I might add.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:46 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,035,131 times
E! News just confirmed this was false.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:59 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,314,738 times
I do not blame anyone else but Michael himself. He was a VERY tough, stubborn person who ruthlessly lived by his own rules, who obviously marched to his own beat. He showed signs of that as a small child. I've no doubt that there was always concern from his loved ones, but it wasn't enough.

He was a troubled soul who often made bad, BAD judgement, bad decisions, poor choices. He was about to entertain old AND new fans in the world, if not record a new hit album after so long. As I mentioned in another post, I actually mourned for the loss of Michael back in the later-80's when he mutilated his appearance and turned himself into a charicature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities