Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 10:49 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,504,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
This is no different than doctors who go to jail for illegally prescribing drugs like oxycontin, which end up causing patients to die.

Murray should have been fully aware that the drug he gave MJ was not allowed to be given outside of a hospital.

It doesn't matter that MJ asked for the drug ... as a doctor, Murray should have flat out refused.

And Murray should be held fully accountable for his actions, and should go to jail for 2nd degree manslaughter.
I completely agree with you, I think this doctor and others like him should be held responsible and put in jail if a case can be proven against them. They should be made an example of to other out there doing the same or even thinking of doing the same.

Another case where it seems this happened was with Anna Nicole Smith. It also seems that the non medical people who were supposed to take care of her might have been in on the over medication of her. She needed help and all she got were drugs. Now she is dead, again I don't believe she intended to kill herself. Now her daughter is growing up without her Mother. I would like to see that doctor in jail for what he did. Just because they have degrees doesn't mean they are exempt from the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 03:54 PM

51 posts, read 102,770 times
Jackson did it to himself stop blaming the doctors

Old 08-24-2009, 04:25 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,529,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_mom09 View Post
Jackson did it to himself stop blaming the doctors
I wish you had come forward before with this insider information back when everyone was still wondering what happened. Seems like you should be contacting an agent with this scoop, and seeing if you can take it to the bank. So did you take pictures while you watched Michael injecting himself with a lethal amount of propofol? Why didn't you intervene?

Old 08-24-2009, 04:48 PM

51 posts, read 102,770 times
Wink Get over yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by donth8me View Post
i wish you had come forward before with this insider information back when everyone was still wondering what happened. Seems like you should be contacting an agent with this scoop, and seeing if you can take it to the bank. So did you take pictures while you watched michael injecting himself with a lethal amount of propofol? Why didn't you intervene?

casue i dont care for druggie freaks like jackson:d

Old 08-24-2009, 07:53 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,504,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriTAUcal View Post
Why would this man kill M.J. and was being paid $150,000 a month? Makes no sense.
I doubt he did it on purpose but when a person is a drug addict how much they need of a certain drug changes, the doctor probably miscalculated the right amount to give MJ.

Even if MJ injected the drug himself, the drug was put in his hands by a doctor who KNEW MJ was an addict.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:24 PM

2,183 posts, read 5,564,728 times
Lightbulb you aren't supposed to take same narcotic sleeping med 6 days in a row

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriTAUcal View Post
Why would this man kill M.J. and was being paid $150,000 a month? Makes no sense.
the doctor took everything for granted. the scenario is ridiculous.

doctors know that a person can't take the same sleeping medication EVERY day & get relief...

i didn't know anything about MJ except what the media told me until after he died. i've watched so many videos of him on youtube that i've become convinced he was a much nicer person & a more loving father than i could ever have imagined...

his children were very loved....

Old 08-28-2009, 08:38 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,303,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate_m View Post
doctors know that a person can't take the same sleeping medication EVERY day & get relief...

Thats why the Doc tried to take him off of it the night he died. Jacko demanded he wanted the drug that killed him

That said the doc has a set of rules he needs to live by and he did not. He knowingly gave a patient things that he knew were harmful. This guy should be charged with some kind of manslaughter. It's not Pez your handing out it's stuff that can kill some one.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:29 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,874,749 times
I love what Dr Drew Pinsky said that the very poor and the very rich get the worst health care. It's so true. MJ was an addict and if Murray wouldn't do it, he would have found some other quack who would. He was playing a dangerous game and played the ultimate price. These doctors should be held responsible. It is a crime to give meds to an addict. And everyone knew he was an addict. It's plain and simple. MJ bears some or even most of the responsibility too, but he's dead now, so there's not much to do about it now.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:32 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,035,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
They should both be held responsible. MJ is a grown adult and made his own decisions in life. The doctor/doctors though enabled him and likely provided drugs they were not allowed to access and certainly not allowed to administer in a home setting.
Blaming a patient for trusting his doctor is short-sighted. If the patient were to blame for "being a grown adult", malpractice and criminally negligent homicide charges against doctors would not exist...but they do. Ultimately a doctor is responsible for the care they give to their patient. If a doctor succumbs to a patient who begs for drugs, the doctor should be held accountable. Another good example is Dr. Phil Astin, the doctor who enabled Chris Benoit with the drugs that contributed to his abberant behavior and ultimately, the apparent murder of his wife and kid. Benoit was grown, Benoit asked for the drugs, but Astin in his professional capacity should have declined. This isn't even including the ethical issues.

In my opinion Murray is just as liable as Astin was and should do the same amount of time as Astin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities