Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 03:48 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,333,729 times

Advertisements

He's acting like an idiot and too big for his pants but aren't a lot of those special, famous people? To wish for his death is horrible though. West needs to check and see what fame has done to him...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 05:06 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,956,175 times
While I agree with the President's opinion on this jerk, I feel it's inappropriate and for him to say that publicly. He could have denounced the jerk's behavior in a classier way. So much for him being an example.

In response to the person that says he should have called Wilson the same thing... Ok.... As if our "leadership" in Washington DC over the years has not created enough division in our nation as it is. I say they should all shut up and do their damn jobs.

Back to Kanye, he is now getting exactly what he wanted, which is notoriety and attention from the world and the media. If I remember correctly, this isn't the first time he acted like an ass at the VMA's. He is obviously desperately in need of attention.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:10 AM

46 posts, read 55,682 times
I bet Kanye feel like a Jackass for supporting Obama after hearing this. Keep it coming Mr. President!

YouTube - Barack Obama Calls Kanye West A Jackass

Old 09-16-2009, 06:21 AM

480 posts, read 879,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
While I agree with the President's opinion on this jerk, I feel it's inappropriate and for him to say that publicly. He could have denounced the jerk's behavior in a classier way. So much for him being an example.

In response to the person that says he should have called Wilson the same thing... Ok.... As if our "leadership" in Washington DC over the years has not created enough division in our nation as it is. I say they should all shut up and do their damn jobs.

Back to Kanye, he is now getting exactly what he wanted, which is notoriety and attention from the world and the media. If I remember correctly, this isn't the first time he acted like an ass at the VMA's. He is obviously desperately in need of attention.
Just to clarify, President Obama did not publicly call Kanye West a jackass. It was an off-the-record remark made before the interview, and the "reporter" violated journalistic ethics and standards by Tweeting the President's remark. ABC News has apologized to the President for the reporter's breach.

As far as Kanye--it would be one thing if this were the first time he behaved in such a rude, egotistical and childish manner, but this is a pattern for him. I hope that he really does take some time off for reflection; he obviously needs it. He has such a HUGE chip on his shoulder, hurting himself more than anyone else. In the words of Mark Twain, "Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."

I can't imagine how awful it must feel to know that you're the most hated man in America, and that's it's nobody's fault but your own. I can pity him without condoning his actions, and I can condemn him without wishing for his death.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:52 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,697,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisake View Post
I can't imagine how awful it must feel to know that you're the most hated man in America, and that's it's nobody's fault but your own. I can pity him without condoning his actions, and I can condemn him without wishing for his death.
I think you're probably overstating Kanye's capacity for self-introspection, honesty and humility. He doesn't think he's the most hated man in America. He thinks he's a hero.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:55 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,956,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I think you're probably overstating Kanye's capacity for self-introspection, honesty and humility. He doesn't think he's the most hated man in America. He thinks he's a hero.
Agreed.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:35 AM

480 posts, read 879,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
He thinks he's a hero.
I seriously doubt that, and I guess we'll never really be sure since it's impossible to know what's in the man's mind. I do believe he's an egomaniac who probably reads every press clipping he can find, and public sentiment is overwhelmingly against Kanye West in this matter. Surely he's aware of that. If he thinks he's a hero, why did he feel the need to apologize again on Leno? And to call Taylor Swift yesterday to apologize again? If he thinks what he did was somehow heroic, why would he apologize at all, much less four times in three days?

I'm genuinely curious--what about his actions makes you think he considers himself a hero?

Again, I'm in no way defending Kanye West's behavior at the VMAs. I think it was reprehensible.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:27 AM

815 posts, read 2,139,635 times

Look at what is in his right hand........After seeing this Im pretty sure this had a lot to do with it. LOL @ Kanye taking swigs from a bottle of Henessey on the red carpet, that cat is hilarious!!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2009, 09:31 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,333,729 times
first Michelle Obama's shorts are the highlight of the news now ya got Kanye acting a fool...what's going on there in the US and is it really important?

Old 09-16-2009, 09:32 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,060,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
talk about a slow "news" day! I guess when we are more fixated on the comments of some "so-called" musician/entertainer and the ensuing comments, we have much bigger things we should be worried about.
It shouldn't be surprising. I think we are all suffering from healthcare reform new coverage fatigue, and this juicy little bit is an entertaining diversion with limited scope. Sometimes, the brain just needs a break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities