Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 09:25 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,646,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
The Duggard abductor Phillip Garrido was also a product of the 1970s drugs lifestyle. Really makes me sick.
Blame the man, not the era. Most of us made it through those years without harming children or family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 09:27 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,608,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
who is the boss of judging what is truth or fiction?
Who are you to tell anyone to keep their opinions to themselves? Do you think your opinion is more credible or valuable than anyone else's? Do you?
Who made you a moderator and who are you to order anyone off a thread?

blue color word should be spelled here in this instance

I know ALL about the life of an addict. Have one in my family--sure do. I know how they operate and what they will say and do for $$$$$$$$.
I will continue to use my right to voice my opinion on this and any other thread for as long as I see fit--not because you tell me to stop. Got it?

You know all about the life of your family member and how he/she operates. I have a family member addict too, he sought help and though he will always be a recovering addict, lives a productive life again. I worked with addicts when I graduated Nursing school .There are a million different stories of an addict. Not just one. Cruel, heart breaking, life altering for all involved for sure.

I agree with you that differing opinions make for a forum, it would be pretty dull around here otherwise.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Blame the man, not the era. Most of us made it through those years without harming children or family.
Agree, I dont consider it a "worthless era".

Old 09-26-2009, 11:13 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
exactly and I see nothing similar to this situation-at all!!
Jaycee was abducted and held captive.
She didn't choose her lifestyle

Mackenzie was free to make her own choices and did.
Did anyone see the video in which she is talking about her father affair and how she only stopped it after becoming pregnant and having an abortion. So the implication there is--she could have stopped it anytime she wanted.
http://www.oprah.com/media/20090826-tows-mackenzie-rape

Last edited by Élan vital; 09-26-2009 at 11:28 PM..

Old 09-27-2009, 12:32 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,632 times
I have a hard time believing that John Phillips had sex with Mackenzie Phillips, whether by force or consensually. Even wacked out on drugs, he'd be able to tell she's such an ugly woman (and yes she was an ugly girl/woman back in the 70's, too, probably they cast her to make the mother look a little better) so it's hard to believe he'd have sex with her at all, especially considering that he had his choice of hot women.

I don't think Mackenzie is lying, but I think she hallucinated all this. We'll know for sure when she comes out with more "confessions" such as she gave birth to a fully grown Princess Diana in a strawberry patch or that she turned into a winged pegasus and flew high up where the sky was green and tasted like meatloaf.

Still, she's a rather ugly woman. Chynna got all the good looks, it's very apparent...

Old 09-27-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I have a hard time believing that John Phillips had sex with Mackenzie Phillips, whether by force or consensually. Even wacked out on drugs, he'd be able to tell she's such an ugly woman (and yes she was an ugly girl/woman back in the 70's, too, probably they cast her to make the mother look a little better) so it's hard to believe he'd have sex with her at all, especially considering that he had his choice of hot women.

I am speechless for once. You cant believe he didnt have sex with her because she was ugly ??

Old 09-27-2009, 09:13 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,646,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
exactly and I see nothing similar to this situation-at all!!
Jaycee was abducted and held captive.
She didn't choose her lifestyle

Mackenzie was free to make her own choices and did.
Did anyone see the video in which she is talking about her father affair and how she only stopped it after becoming pregnant and having an abortion. So the implication there is--she could have stopped it anytime she wanted.
Why Mackenzie Phillips Ended Her Incestuous Affair - Video - Oprah.com
Sorry, I don't happen to agree. I don't feel Mackenzie chose her lifestyle at age 10. It was her father's lifestyle. Jaycee and Mackenzie both had opportunities to tell others what was happening but didn't. I see these situations as very similar. Very much like brainwashing.

I also have family members or friends who have had problems with alcohol, drugs, psychosis, cults and incest. One shoe does not fit all. In Mackenzie's case, I feel her childhood was ripped from her. Who was there to teach her, or provide protection and nurturing? Any resemblance of a parental figure was absent.

When growing up in such situations, you don't just turn 18 and suddenly figure out what you are doing is wrong and turn around your life. Everything you know as truth crashes down around you. It can take years to come out of the darkness and into the light. I will continue to be supportive of Mackenzie. The Mama's and the Papa's had a reputation of debauchery. Everyone was sleeping with everyone and more. Drugs were rampant, there were no morals or boundaries. I'm not surprised at all that Mackenzie has had some major problems. It's time for her to heal now, and that is the choice I think she is trying to make.

Last edited by Beth56; 09-27-2009 at 09:32 AM..

Old 09-27-2009, 09:54 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,064,318 times
Beju, her sister wrote into Oprah saying basically she doesn't know what to believe. She said she was confused because at one point Macenzie told her sister it was going on when Beju was 10 then she said later in life that she made the whole thing up and that it wasn't true. Macenzie had not comeback. Beju went on to say if the allegations were true and she was much younger than Macenzie why didn't she take Beju away from her father as she could have been a victim too? The comeback was equally ridiculous. Macenzie said she was not in harms way and that she took Beju out of the environment when drugs were present and she felt her sister wasn't safe. Ok, again it all just doesn't make any sense.

Then Chyna gets on the Oprah show and she seems to have mixed feelings. She lets everyone know that her and Macenzie were never really close until recently. That right before the book was to be released that Macenzie confessed. Who does that? If this was going on for all those years, why wouldn't she tell more family members and or ask if it was happening to them? So, I'm not really sure she believes her sister but is being supportive of her. Chyna also took the time to plug her new CD.

Michelle Phillips is right on the money. Mac, was busted for drugs recently, made an appearance on celebrity rehab, has written this sordid story, and is on a book tour too it was a all planned for $$$.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:03 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
I met Mackenzie Phillips, she was a very nice congenial person...friendly and certainly not stuck on herself...she talked to me as if she had known me for years...in my book, that speaks volumns...we had a very nice conversation...

I won't and don't judge people for what happened years ago...we all own our demons...not to mention...no one really knows what a person goes thru until they go through it themselves.

Everyone handles things differently, maybe this is her way of releasing years of pent up despair and grief.

Mackenzie Phillips is a human being, and a darn brave woman as far as I'm concerned.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:50 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,064,318 times
She needs to get professional help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities