Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 03:19 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,378,925 times

Advertisements

Her dad shot her up with drugs at a young age, he probably was conditioning her, the abuse more than likely started a lot earlier and she blocked out or was to drugged up to remember. She has had a sad life, I hope she stays clean and can have a good life from now on.
Blessings Michelleleigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 07:44 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,791,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
domergurl, you are getting the sisters confused it was Chyna that was backing her up (more of supporting her, I don't think she fully believes her sister).
AP is reporting this:

fwdailynews.com AP Content (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PEOPLE_MACKENZIE_PHILLIPS?SITE=INKEN&SECTION=HO ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT - broken link)

See, she's changing her story already regarding Mick Jagger, which regardless, she's a mess and I hope she saves the money she's making off her book.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:02 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,080,891 times
Ok, I saw the Oprah show and have read more of Bijou's responses about the whole thing. She didn't say she believes her sister, she said that she is confused because at one point Macenzie said that was happening then years later she confessed that Macenzie made it up. You attachments doesn't have the full statement. It looks like what FW Daily News is reporting is part of the statement and not the full version. I'll try to find it and post it.

Also, the Mick Jagger story has changed over the years several times. Wonder what Mick thinks now after all these years.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:27 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,468,939 times
I have to wonder how much stock anyone can put into a book written by a woman who was drugged up for the past 40 years. I hate to say it, but she probably doesn't remember a lot of what happened, or she substituted what really happened with her idea of what happened. I'm not saying her dad didn't have sex with her, because I don't know. I'm saying I can't believe her 100%, because he's not here to give his side of the story. If she is making it up, the truth will come out at some point, but, unfortunately, his name will be tarnished forever.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:02 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,661,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
but, unfortunately, his name will be tarnished forever.
I think he accomplished that himself when he wrote his own book, Papa John, which was published in 1986. I haven't read it yet, but have heard it is a disgusting account of his life.

Apparently ex-wife Michelle Phillips left out much of what happened in their lives when she wrote her book, California Dreamin'. Not surprised she is calling Mackenzie a liar. It would tarnish her wonderful name. Even her daughter, Chynna, suggested her mom may just want to protect the Mama's and the Papa's brand name. Michelle phillips was no pillar of society herself. Perhaps she has selectively forgotten some of the things she has done.

It's obvious Mackenzie has done some horrible things. But when you look at the adults who were in her life and the things they did, it kind of puts things in perspective.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:18 AM

Chyna, didn't comment about what her mother said. It was Macenzie who feels that Michelle is trying to protect the brand name.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:08 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,661,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Chyna, didn't comment about what her mother said. It was Macenzie who feels that Michelle is trying to protect the brand name.
You are correct. Thanks.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:54 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,908,168 times
She's going to be on Larry King tonight, if anyone's interested.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:18 PM

Oh, lord! Sometimes Larry does a good interview then he asks the same question like 10 times. I might watch just to see how she will change her story and if one of her step mom's phone in.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:58 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,294,343 times
Finished the book last night. Memoir mostly about her drug problem & dysfunctional neglectful "exciting" upbringing. She is definitely a victim of her dad's drug habit lifestyle but from the time she was a teen immersed herself in the fast 70s lifestyle. She only got sober once she cut Papa John off. I believe Mackenzie is honest and really did have a recovery based lifestyle. Sadly, she had plastic surgery in early 2000s and got prescription drugs from the establishment; that is all it took for her relapse and eventually go back to coke. Her story is beyond sad and very true. However, at the end of the book I had a mad/ripped off feeling because come on, she's only been sober about a year and the public never needed to know about the sordid affair with John or any of it. I think Mackenzie wants sympathy, attention and money. She is a typically narcissistic baby boomer who wants to be taken back in to the public's good graces. That her story is an inspiration or help to anyone is hard for me to believe. I liked Anthony Kiedis' book better.

Her mother is mentioned throughout the book but it is clear that she had/has her own problems and was able to be there for Mackenzie who also was self willed and well supplied from the time she was a teen. The mom was never part of Mackenzie's "scene".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities