Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2009, 02:13 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,303,717 times

Advertisements

No abuse victim should have to be quiet for the rest of their life just so everyone around them isn't made uncomfortable by the truth. I don't know this woman personally, nor do I know what she went through. If it is the truth, she has a right to keep it to herself or to broadcast it for the whole world. If a friend or family member took advantage of their stepchild or bio child, I would want to know so I can distance myself from the scum.

If she is lying, she is a disgusting person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 02:28 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,181,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
No abuse victim should have to be quiet for the rest of their life just so everyone around them isn't made uncomfortable by the truth. I don't know this woman personally, nor do I know what she went through. If it is the truth, she has a right to keep it to herself or to broadcast it for the whole world. If a friend or family member took advantage of their stepchild or bio child, I would want to know so I can distance myself from the scum.

If she is lying, she is a disgusting person.
I vote for disgusting person choice.

Old 12-16-2009, 02:48 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,532,519 times
everyone always said that she was daddy's little girl!

Old 12-16-2009, 02:53 PM

18,135 posts, read 11,777,993 times
The average abused American does not go on Oprah or write a book about their past experience. M. Phillips is using the group's image (famous/popularity) to win her some points. If she wasn't the daughter of a famous singer, she would just go to private counseling and write a blog to herself.

It's wrong. She is using everything she can to her advantage.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
The average abused American does not go on Oprah or write a book about their past experience. M. Phillips is using the group's image (famous/popularity) to win her some points. If she wasn't the daughter of a famous singer, she would just go to private counseling and write a blog to herself.

It's wrong. She is using everything she can to her advantage.
I agree.......she has an agenda. I think she's vile and disgusting. The so called abuse began at age 19 not as a young child. I don't call it abuse at all.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:03 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,096,049 times
abuse can happen at any age--especially if the person being taken advantage of is under the influence of drugs or has a mental illness--clearly that is the case in this circumstance--apparently because of her upbringing and past she has no moral issues about using her tragic life to garner some money and noteriety---i would look down more on those buying this sad tale in the bookstores!

Old 12-17-2009, 02:11 PM

6,776 posts, read 13,567,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I agree.......she has an agenda. I think she's vile and disgusting. The so called abuse began at age 19 not as a young child. I don't call it abuse at all.
That's not true.

Mackenzie Phillips: Dad wanted me to be his wife - CNN.com

Old 12-17-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
oh puleeeze.............she is off her rocker.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:38 PM

6,776 posts, read 13,567,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
oh puleeeze.............she is off her rocker.
Ok, so maybe she is lying, but according to her he did used to rape her before she had consensual sex w/ him. I have no way of knowing if she is lying, or not, but idk why she would lie about something like that? At least one one of her sisters believes her too. IIRC.

I saw the interview. She said she used to wake up from blackouts and he'd be having sex w/ her. All I'm saying is it did not start the night b4 she was married. If it's true.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Ok, so maybe she is lying, but according to her he did used to rape her before she had consensual sex w/ him. I have no way of knowing if she is lying, or not, but idk why she would lie about something like that? At least one one of her sisters believes her too. IIRC.

I saw the interview. She said she used to wake up from blackouts and he'd be having sex w/ her. All I'm saying is it did not start the night b4 she was married. If it's true.
she tells so many lies she can't keep track.
Initially she said she awoke the night before her marriage, at age 19 and after having done drugs all night WITH her dad, to find him having sex with her. Now if that is not a good enough reason to (A) stay the hell away from someone like that UNLESS she wanted it to continue and (B) reporting it to the cops (unless she wanted it to continue) then what is?

she runs her mouth and what she spews seems determined by what medication,drugs or alcohol she has consumed before each interview.

The sibling standing by her is not the Christian one,BTW; but is Chynna and Chynna doesn't say she believes her so much as is standing by her. Probably cause she knows the girl is loooooopy and needs help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities