Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 02:12 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,054,704 times

Advertisements

Aww, I think she's pretty funny..I agree w/ the person saying it's like talking to a close friend...LMAO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 02:36 PM

2,058 posts, read 5,880,285 times
When I say she's like Joan Rivers, it's the insults at other's expenses that gets tiresome. Joan is just a bio-cth and I feel like KG is heading down that path. I sometimes catch the D List show which I think is good I think. But, it wasn't love at first sight with Kathy Griffin. Like I said, she's grown on me, but she isn't my first choice of funny people at all.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:38 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,672,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
her name dropping isn't really that. That's her "thing"..........her observations,her perspective. Like I have said-people get her or they don't.

She's pretty level headed,really. Doesn't drink,smoke,no drugs. Had a happy,normal childhood. Admits to having a brother who became a homeless,drug addict and a suspected pedophile;who died due to his addiction.
Her ex husband ripped her off BIG time. He was WeIrD

She works very hard to provide for herself and her family by using her off the cuff wit in a world dominated by men with power.
I'm one of those that gets her humor. Yeah, the ex was weird, I think
he was a wantabe hairdresser, it cracked me up when he was doing her hair for her shows!

Old 10-01-2009, 05:46 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,211,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I'm one of those that gets her humor. Yeah, the ex was weird, I think
he was a wantabe hairdresser, it cracked me up when he was doing her hair for her shows!
then going into her wallet while she slept and taking her credit card or debit cards to various ATMs all over and taking out cash everyday. Her accountant finally busted him. Many,many,many thousands of dollars later.........when Kathy asked him why and what did he do with the money he said he just pi**ed it away. She said one day,after they were trying to repair the marriage, she asked him of he knew that anyone else would have had him put in prison for stealing such large sums of money.....his reply--"I think I would do very welll in prison; it's something I've given a lot of thought about"
She had him pack right then and move out. Scared the crap outta her. Would me too

Old 10-01-2009, 08:41 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,561,374 times
Yes, her ex was very creepy, I like he needs to come out of the closet.

I like Kathy but then again I like dry sarcastic humor.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:17 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,672,192 times
Shes in this Eminem video

YouTube - Eminem - The Real Slim Shady MUSIC VIDEO

Old 10-02-2009, 12:53 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,465,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
I'm just missing it. She gets off few laughs per hour--let alone minute--so why is she making so much money?
Same with Dane Cook...I just don't get where his humor is at all. There are MUCH funnier people who deserve his acclaim. Just my opinion...
I agree. Jesus. She's as funny as a paper cut.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:51 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,345,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
She reminds me of Joan Rivers and I can't stand Joan. Kathy has grown on me a little over the years, but I don't like her stand up routines at all. It's all about namedropping and Hollywood junk. She's more funny to me when she just talks normal.
I agree with you 100%!

Kathy is UGLY, even after all the plastic surgery and her voice gets on my nerves. Funny? No way!

All she does is bad mouth everyone and then shouts with joy about being on the "D list". My opinion is that she shouldn't be on ANY LIST!

Vicki

Old 10-04-2009, 12:16 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,398,054 times
I think Kathy is hilarious. Did any of you see her show when she visited Paula Deen, and met her single son? She makes jokes about herself too, not just other people.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:19 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,211,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I think Kathy is hilarious. Did any of you see her show when she visited Paula Deen, and met her single son? She makes jokes about herself too, not just other people.
yea........she is a hoot!! I saw her live and she,in fact, is not ugly. She's attractive and yes-she makes as much fun of herself as she does others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities