Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 12:46 PM

83 posts, read 271,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
She is very good at telling stories. When I listen to her, it's like hearing a friend tell what she did last night.
I totally get her perspective. Did you ever hear her tell the story of going to Brooke Sheilds' wedding? That was one of the funniest stories she ever told. But I agree with the other poster who said you either "get" her or you hate her. She brings out polar reactions in people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 12:56 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,172,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubbybear View Post
I totally get her perspective. Did you ever hear her tell the story of going to Brooke Sheilds' wedding? That was one of the funniest stories she ever told. But I agree with the other poster who said you either "get" her or you hate her. She brings out polar reactions in people.
didn't hear that story but when she came to Portland for a show that was taped by Bravo and aired--called "She'll Cut The Bit*H"; she told so many hilarious stories. The funniest was about going to Cher's house................HiLaRiOuS

She isn't a traditional stand-up comic, doesn't "do" jokes and does her shows strictly off the cuff so if someone watches her expecting jokes--nope.....not gonna happen. She's such a fixture and supporter of the gay community and so am I and honestly I think a LOT of people dislike her because they won't admit they don't support gay rights.

She makes me laugh so hard that my throat and ribs hurt. Love her!

Old 10-13-2009, 01:33 PM

83 posts, read 271,548 times
Default Check this out

She's HILARIOUS! I copied the links that lead to the jokes. There are separate videos from the same routine. In one piece she discusses how much she loved Brooke's mom because she was plastered and cussing the whole time. The next piece goes into hilarious detail about how corny the wedding was. You have GOT to see it!

Kathy Griffin on Brooke Shields Mother
4 min 22 sec
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Kathy Griffin on Brook Shield's Wedding Part 1
8 min

Old 10-13-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubbybear View Post
She's HILARIOUS! I copied the links that lead to the jokes. There are separate videos from the same routine. In one piece she discusses how much she loved Brooke's mom because she was plastered and cussing the whole time. The next piece goes into hilarious detail about how corny the wedding was. You have GOT to see it!

Kathy Griffin on Brooke Shields Mother
4 min 22 sec

Kathy Griffin on Brook Shield's Wedding Part 1
8 min
uh---those were NOT Kathy.......they were however nekkid chicks

Last edited by Élan vital; 10-13-2009 at 03:36 PM..

Old 10-15-2009, 04:58 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,955,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
I'm just missing it. She gets off few laughs per hour--let alone minute--so why is she making so much money?
Same with Dane Cook...I just don't get where his humor is at all. There are MUCH funnier people who deserve his acclaim. Just my opinion...
She's NOT funny, in my opinion. I find her to be crass and obnoxious.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:26 PM

664 posts, read 1,947,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
I'm just missing it. She gets off few laughs per hour--let alone minute--so why is she making so much money?
Same with Dane Cook...I just don't get where his humor is at all. There are MUCH funnier people who deserve his acclaim. Just my opinion...

She has crude humor and you have to like that. I love her and think she's really funny. Yes sometimes over the top but I like that she is really quick whitted and says funny things on a dime.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:54 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,467,518 times
Humor is very subjective. For every one fan of a comic or comedian there will be someone who doesn't like them. I love it when Kathy goes off on her crazy stories which may or may not be true but are so funny I don't care. And in interviews, she is sharp as a tack with the witty answers.

But I can understand she is not everyone's cup of arsenic.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:57 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,357,020 times
She's funny until she starts the political crap . I have NO interest in the political leanings of any so called celebrity .

Old 10-18-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Humor is very subjective. For every one fan of a comic or comedian there will be someone who doesn't like them. I love it when Kathy goes off on her crazy stories which may or may not be true but are so funny I don't care. And in interviews, she is sharp as a tack with the witty answers.

But I can understand she is not everyone's cup of arsenic.
LOL---true. Her stories are so off the cuff and probably are true!! She is indeed sharp as a tack.
Comics I can't stand are the stupid ones like that nut job Larry The cable Guy--sooooooooooo not funny.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:02 PM

2,250 posts, read 1,396,487 times
Griffin is about as funny as Carrot Top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities