Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 11:14 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,695,917 times

Advertisements

Did anyone happen to watch the episode that showed them visiting the breeder and taking the puppies home? I really don't watch the show but came across it while channel surfing...basically it was Jon and Kate going on and on about how they know nothing about dogs and then Kate went on and on about how amazed she was that the breeder had INSTRUCTIONS on the care of the dogs. Then more of Kate going on and on about how she doesn't want a dog and isn't at all prepared for a dog.

I do not in any way blame Kate for not wanting the dogs...I think she was the only realistic one (in this case) out of the whole bunch. However she really should have put her foot down on the issue IMHO. It's not like the woman doesn't know how to set boundries on other things.

Seriously...shame on that breeder for trying to get his 15 min of fame. I really question any other motive he could have possibly had unless he sells to just anyone to begin with.

I really felt it would only be a matter of time before they were given up.

Yeah, at least they went back to the breeder and I agree they will be better off rehomed but that doesn't erase the message that was just recieved by those 8 kids!

Last edited by SoHoVe; 10-05-2009 at 12:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 11:48 PM

21 posts, read 52,376 times
I don't watch the show at all either. I do think it is so hurtful how people treat and care for animals these days! I love my dogs like children and cannot imagine just giving them away! I wouldn't be able to live with myself!

Really I think it's the world today in general. People don't know stick anything out anymore. As soon as something isn't fun anymore they get rid of it.

Poor dogs, I hope they find the forever they deserve!

Old 10-05-2009, 06:23 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,073,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
I think it's better to give them back than to have them live in a home in which they are not wanted. I'm willing to bet anything that Jon would give away 75% of those kids if given the option.
naaaaahhh.... they're his meal ticket and finance his new lifestyle.......

Old 10-05-2009, 07:21 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,104,028 times
I don't know their story but a lot of people love puppies but when they are dogs, just not that cute, and demanding, well off the pets go..

Unless you are an extraordinary person, having a bunch of kids and a bunch of pets is a BAD idea. Moms, the burden will be on you.

Question re: the Gosselins...can't they just pay someone for dog care? I mean, they have $$$, do hire a dog walker if that is the issue. Don't treat pets like garbage. It sends the wrong idea to your kids.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:58 AM

18,746 posts, read 33,484,310 times
These two idiots are the true breeders. Why on earth do people watch this junk? Who cares?
I guess it doesn't take a lot of viewers to make a show financially successful. It's very cheap TV- no costumes, writers, script, nothing but point and watch.
Breeders, they are. Neglectful of all critters.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:50 PM

481 posts, read 1,088,343 times
I used to watch this show when it first came on and then at one point I saw the puppies. My jaw dropped .... like what in the world are you thinking??? 8 freaking kids and you think you have the time to adequately deal with a dog?? Not to mention she is a neurotic clean freak... and personally I don't see that being a match with any animal. They need to stop that circus of a show !

Old 10-05-2009, 02:23 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,465,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
First, I never watched the show and felt it was explotation TV. Second, as a prior poster stated I blame the breeder for placing the dogs with this family in the first place. Third, it sounds like the dogs were not trained well or treated well. Fourth, the dogs will be better off going back to the breeder for re-homing.

With 8 kids to raise...isn't that enough until they are much older and capable of responsibility for a pet? I'm sure these dogs will be better off with a new home and because of who owned them first, plenty of folk will be clammering for them...lets just hope the breeder does a better job of placing them the 2nd time around.
Fabulous post, RW. You nailed every thought I had to the T!!

Old 10-05-2009, 02:34 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,118,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Fabulous post, RW. You nailed every thought I had to the T!!
I second that! I'm glad to know that so many of us choose to have quality time with our dogs rather than watch no-quality TV shows.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:06 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,683,471 times
Never watched the show, never liked them. Now I know why!
Anyone who makes money off their kids or animals are sick!

Old 10-05-2009, 07:18 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,183,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kek1993 View Post
Farewell, Shooka, and Nala: Gosselins' Dogs Go Back to Breeder! | scoop, german shepherds, German Shepherd Dogs | PetSugar - Dogs, Cats, and Other Pets

There are many reasons why I cannot stand this t.v. show, but when these people went and purchased puppies for their children for Christmas, and now, less than a year later, gave the dogs back to the breeder, it was the fianl straw.

I did not watch this show, but I don't know why animal rights groups do not protest this issue, and this show. This show blatently displays how animals end up in shelters, people purchase animals, thinking that they are like "props" needed to complete a happy family picture, without realizing that children cannot be held 100% for the care, feeding, and training of a dog, parents need to take responsibility for the animals. I also don't buy, "well, we got a divorce, so the dogs had to go", I have been divorced, and did not give away my dog or cat. No excuse. Look at the values they showed every family that watched this show, that it is okay to get a dog, and then just get rid of it. The same values they just taught their children, that dogs are disposable creatures.

Sick. I hope that no advertisers of pet products support this show.
I have to say, I knew that was going to happen! It made me mad when they bought them! Who in their right mind would buy two, not just one, but TWO, large breed, working dogs, when they already have 8 young children and no time! The only thing that made me feel a little better when they bought them was the fact that they said that the dogs would go back to the breeder if they couldn't keep them. However, now that I think about it, I think that that breeder should have known better! Maybe he just wanted to be on TV or something, I don't know, but IMHO, no good breeder, that loves their breed and cares about the physical and mental well-being of their pups would sell 2 GSD puppies to a family that has 8 young children and no time! It just doesn't seem right to me. That's just my opinion though. Hopefully that guy will do a better job of finding those poor dogs homes this time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities