Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 06:41 AM

46 posts, read 226,003 times

Advertisements

I currently have the iPhone 4 on AT&Ts network. I am pretty happy with it, but like most pretty disappointed in the lack of flash. I work full time and go to school full time on top of that trying to get another degree, and I do a lot of school work on my iPhone while on the go. Unfortunately, most of my professors post flash video lectures so I can't view those on my iPhone.

We are looking to either get new phones or switch to Verizon AND get new phones ASAP, preferably before November but we might be willing to wait until the end of the year for the right phone. I am looking into Verizon because they have SLIGHTLY better service in my area, but it looks like getting the same number of minutes on my family plan, with unlimited messaging, and data services on two lines runs $40-$50 more per month than all the same things with AT&T. We get AT&Ts cheapest data plan (200MB) which is $15 per month because I am almost always on wireless...I have wireless at home and work and most of my friends have wireless too so it just works out great for me. Most of the difference in cost comes from the fact that Verizon's cheapest data plan (2GB) is $30 per month.

So, what are the best AT&T smartphones that are either out already or will be by the end of the year?

Same question but for Verizon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 09:27 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,147,605 times
I'm really happy with the Android X2. Bigger screen than the iPhone,
and nice sized virtual keyboard when turned sideways. Verizon still has the best infrastructure, if you get out in the sticks some there are places where they have service and others do not so for me it's worth the additional cost. If you tend to stay withing a populated area it's probably
not worth it.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:37 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,345,812 times
Atrix is a 4g with AT&t and has flash. My hubby loves this phone!

Old 09-26-2011, 12:18 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,922,132 times
I'm happy with my Thunderbolt. An extended battery is nice to have, but not necessary. That 4G hotspot comes in pretty handy, too!

Old 09-26-2011, 03:22 PM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,707,362 times
The Droid Bionic is the best Verizon phone right now, but the Samsung Nexus Prime is coming ~November 11. It will be the most powerful Android phone ever, and will come with the new "Ice Cream Sandwich" OS. This is the same OS that the tablets use, so the phone will have no buttons (touchscreen only). There are other new phones coming as well, such as the HTC Vigor.

I think you should wait until November just in case you like some of the new phones (out in time for the holidays).

Old 09-26-2011, 05:32 PM

I have been looking into the Samsung Galaxy S2 and that looks like it will be a great phone.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:42 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,599,712 times
AT&T 4G:

HTC Inspire 4G
Motorola Atrix 4G
Samsung Infuse 4G
LG Thrill 4G (3D)

More here, take a look. Also more coming later this year.

Cell Phones & Mobile Devices - from AT&T|||

Learn more about AT&T

http://www.att.com/network/

Old 09-27-2011, 07:08 AM

16,546 posts, read 19,689,232 times
Verizons best phones OUT NOW:

4G
Moto Droid Bionic
HTC THunderbolt
Samsung Charge

3G
Moto Droid X2
HTC Incredible2
Moto Droid 3

Old 09-27-2011, 07:16 AM

Default Not for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I'm really happy with the Android X2. Bigger screen than the iPhone,
and nice sized virtual keyboard when turned sideways. Verizon still has the best infrastructure, if you get out in the sticks some there are places where they have service and others do not so for me it's worth the additional cost. If you tend to stay withing a populated area it's probably
not worth it.
The only area near me that I have seen have service with Verizon but not AT&T is a 20 mile stretch of road connecting where I live now to my hometown. I only drive on it about once a month so it definitely isn't worth the price for me.

So, I guess I am looking at AT&T only then. It is pretty much between the iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S2. I have read numerous reviews stating that the Galaxy S2 is definitely the best Android smartphone ever released, and possibly the best smartphone altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones