Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 11:08 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,828,538 times

Advertisements

I have a large music library, and like listening to various styles of music at various times.
IE: Fast, heavy beat stuff for when I'm out jogging, audio humor clips for when I'm driving, smooth jazz for background tunes at home, etc.

Would someone recommend an MP3 player app that is good about making and organizing playlists, and playing them, and THAT"S ALL. I don't need art, lyrics, or downloading or buying or streaming.
Just playing from organized lists.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 11:59 PM

164 posts, read 329,282 times
I use Rocket player

Old 09-04-2014, 06:58 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.mediamonkey

Old 09-07-2014, 05:01 PM

792 posts, read 1,176,980 times
When you find one, let me know. All I want is a player, no album art, etc.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:22 AM

Thanks for the above suggestions, but they were NOT simple players!

I'm looking for the MP3 player version of Notepad (not Microsoft Word in all it's complexity and extraneous capability).

I don't need or want to download ANYTHING. Not buy, rent, or stream. I don't need art, lyrics, and all that.
I already have the music. Purchased & downloaded via my unlimited data connection at home, transferred over to a massive memory chip on my Android smartphone, and then played independent of connection type or status.

I realize that most apps are written this way as they get money shilling for the sales websites, but hopefully someone has put together a player that just plays. (And does playlists). That's all. I wouldn't even mind paying a standard app fee of a few bucks.
Not Free is Ok, Not Simple isn't.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:46 PM

I don't understand.
Media Monkey can be as simple OR AS COMPLEX as you want.
Who cares if it has Album Art?
With MM you don't need to download anything.
Not buy anything.,
Not stream anything. Not rent anything.
It does do Art, but you can tell it "don't look for missing art for my tunes".
And few players do playlisting as well as MM.

The paid version of MM will even synch your music from you PC to your Android player wirelessly. So you can do what you want on the PC... organize music, makes playlists and *synch* right to the phone.

Just try it...

Old 09-08-2014, 03:27 PM

792 posts, read 1,176,980 times
[quote=Ed_RDNC;36411915]Thanks for the above suggestions, but they were NOT simple players!

I'm looking for the MP3 player version of Notepad (not Microsoft Word in all it's complexity and extraneous capability).

I don't need or want to download ANYTHING. Not buy, rent, or stream. I don't need art, lyrics, and all that.
I already have the music. Purchased & downloaded via my unlimited data connection at home, transferred over to a massive memory chip on my Android smartphone, and then played independent of connection type or status./QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Yeah, what you just said...That's what I'm looking for.[/FONT]

Old 09-09-2014, 09:07 AM

Peregrine, I appreciate the help, but your not getting my intent.

I want a program that is simple, small, fast, easy to learn, uses no bandwidth.
That's why I used the Word vs Notepad analogy. I want the music player equivalent of a text editor. Having all that many extra functions that Word provides only bulks up the program, provides for many bugs, etc.

Yes Media Monkey looks like a good media organizer app. But so much of what it does, I'll never use, so I don't want the size, current and future bugs, etc. I don't want to have to learn how to operate a complex program to utilize it's simplest function.

Old 09-09-2014, 01:19 PM

No I understand. As I said Media Monkey can be as simple or as complex as you want.
It's not buggy. They have a stable release (solid) and a beta release (possibly buggy).

BUT..... I did find this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rk.music&hl=en

Old 04-19-2015, 12:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,041 times
I use N7Player very simple to use and has powerfull bass booster.

Last edited by akashrajgure; 04-19-2015 at 12:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones