Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 08:44 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,274,820 times

Advertisements

I'm on a family plan with my son and he wants to switch to Tmobile from ATT for purposes of extended int'l travel and communication to me from overseas.

Right now I have an Android Samsung w 2.3 Gingerbread OSi, 512 Mb w 16 Gb microSD, 8Mp resolution camera, 1.2Ghz processor. I've had the phone a while and like it a lot particularly the big screen at 4.5 inches and it's thin. Not really into apple products. I mostly use it on wifi unless I'm traveling, for minimal daily phone calls and texts and some photos. It's more a convenience and safety item. I keep it in a desk top charger that holds it upright for viewing and toggle it in the car.

I do have a lot of free apps and am a bit worried about transferring particularly my Pocket app w included info which would be a pain to recreate. Is there a way for them to transfer them for me with all the details intact along with my photos?

I can't believe the prices now many times what I paid then and can't justify them for my use. I don't need the fastest or hottest with my use even though I do like technology it should last me a good while and not drive me crazy getting use to it. The only problem I have had is with the bank who want me to update to correspond with their new page. I bought the phone I have now from wiki-phones or something like that instead of the phone company and only paid half what ATT wanted but didn't see they offer anything anymore. Is there a place like that now?

Thoughts as to phone I'd like and where to purchase and my app questions?

Last edited by Sgoldie; 03-05-2015 at 08:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 12:34 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
If your current phone is unlocked, just stick a T-Mobile SIM in it and go on using it.

Old 03-07-2015, 02:22 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,257,482 times
And if it is not unlocked then you can unlock it at AT&T unlock website before you leave AT&T
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

T-Mobile does offer specific phones that work on wifi calling which would allow you to use one of their phones while on wifi anywhere in the world, to call the US as if you were still in the US, so it might be worth buying one of their phones.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:10 AM

Thanks for the info and the link.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:18 PM

I found out my Os couldn't be upgraded anymore as it was one of the first. Ended up getting a Zmax phablet. I like it so far and the larger size will be better for skyping. It has more conveniences in transferring information to other formats whereas my old phone was limited in that capacity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones