Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 07:07 AM

214 posts, read 401,597 times

Advertisements

I have new phones and will be changing to new numbers. My question is can I transfer my existing minutes on the old phones to new phones with new numbers? I can't find anything online about this and I don't want to sit on hold forever if I don't have to. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 08:18 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,685,380 times
No. If you are getting new numbers I sincerely doubt you can bring anything from your old numbers like minutes or data.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:55 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,253,403 times
My question would be, why change your phone number when you should be able to bring your old number and minutes over to your new phone by taking the old sim out of your old phone and installing it into the new phone. If your old number is a problem for you, I would suggest you put the sim in the new phone and then call customer service or stop in one of their stores to ask if they can give you a new number without you losing your minutes, they might if you have a good reason such as way too many spam calls.

If for some reason the old sim is not the same size as the one for the new phone, then go to one of their stores and they can move your number to a new sim.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:30 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,547,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeEveryone View Post
I have new phones and will be changing to new numbers. My question is can I transfer my existing minutes on the old phones to new phones with new numbers? I can't find anything online about this and I don't want to sit on hold forever if I don't have to. Thanks.
Can I change my phone number?
Yes, you may change your Straight Talk phone number. You can contact us at 1-877-430-CELL (2355) to change it. You can use our automated system or speak to a Customer Care Representative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones