Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 11:29 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times

Advertisements

I think people who just want something easy to use prefer iphone. Apple has always had the more user-friendly interface that is intuitive.

I think people who want to do more stuff and aren't intimidated by tech like the Android better.

Overall. Young folks tend to gravitate towards tech.

I am 41 and my wife is 40.
I always have an android product and she always has the iphone. She has the latest iphone and I have an S8. I have been able to compare the android and iphone offerings side by side for YEARS.

You'll never convince me to switch to iphone. Starting with the S6 for sure, the Galaxy is just a superior product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 02:26 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,914,101 times
haha another thread apple vs droid lol..

The problem i see is that carriers are in a contract with apple to push their products over any device, same with samsung. Yes if you want simple stuff, iphone is a basic phone that just txt and make phone calls, with over price apps. And consider that apple had its licence sold to auto makers first, that is why its easy to doc a iphone in cars than android. Now kids today understand that android has more features than apple will ever get.. as in customization. People including myself like the ability to open up the phone and have all the txt and emails open vs having to click on icons to open up emails, and copy and paste ability is better on droid. What most apple users think is new, been on other devices for past 10 years, starting with S2 from samsung.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:55 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,182,907 times
Because it's a more open and customizable platform? Because phone tech for some time now hits android phones like 3-6 years before apple catches up? Because you can actually own content on your phone instead of just renting it from apple?

All this "it's what their parents have" is hilarious and shows how out of touch on tech yall are.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:01 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Yeah.

It was like when my wife wanted to edit a photograph in her gallery in a particular way, and my android could do it 2 generations ago.

Let's also not forget that they have proof Apple effs up the old phones right before the release of a new one. The people studying this at Harvard found no such phenomenon with Samsung products.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:10 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,527,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeah.

It was like when my wife wanted to edit a photograph in her gallery in a particular way, and my android could do it 2 generations ago.

Let's also not forget that they have proof Apple effs up the old phones right before the release of a new one. The people studying this at Harvard found no such phenomenon with Samsung products.
https://www.futuremark.com/pressrele...ower-over-time

Old 10-11-2017, 03:44 PM

361 posts, read 431,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
Because it's a more open and customizable platform? Because phone tech for some time now hits android phones like 3-6 years before apple catches up? Because you can actually own content on your phone instead of just renting it from apple?

All this "it's what their parents have" is hilarious and shows how out of touch on tech yall are.
You're not going to convince me to switch back. I've used both and I like Apple better for my own reasons.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:14 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,543,609 times
Apple or Android-who cares beyond a small % of android users. I like Apple, you like Samsung. End of discussion.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:01 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,914,101 times
Going have to excuse the 2 posters folks..

But back to the discussion, yes the openness and ability to own the software, install Mp3s without having to install any software and having to sync it up each time.. thats the killer for me.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:40 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,547,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue20 View Post
However, in my age range, at least among all my friends, people only have iPhones because that's what was available or that's what their family can get it. They are all radical Android fans, and many of my friends who have iPhones claim that they wish they could throw it in the trash and get an Android for free. Most of them also say the iPhone is a piece of crap.
I can appreciate that some people like to root phones, but I can't see that you are pointing to an actual trend. See the quotes from the CNET article from last year.

Quote:
iPhone dominating Android more than ever among teens
CHRIS MATYSZCZYK
APRIL 12, 2016
Sixty-nine percent of the approximately 6,500 teens, average age 16.5, surveyed for this spring survey are iPhone owners -- up a point from 6 months ago. Seventy-five percent said they expect their next phone to be an iPhone. That's also up a point.

Meanwhile, Android bounces along at 19 percent choosing it as their next phone.

The situation is little better with tablets. iPad ownership slipped a couple of points to 48 percent. iPad Mini ownership went up a point to 16 percent. However, 50 percent of these teens said their next tablet would be an iPad, with another 13 percent voting for the iPad Mini.

Desire for a new Android tablet sunk two points to 14 percent.
https://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-dom...r-among-teens/

Old 10-12-2017, 07:31 AM

16,546 posts, read 19,689,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue20 View Post
You're not going to convince me to switch back. I've used both and I like Apple better for my own reasons.
No one is trying to get you to switch back. We're just talking here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones