Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 08:11 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,703,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Not the version I am running. The current free version will have occasional advertisements.
Yea, but you made it sound like there was no free tier anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer
There's a difference between saying you don't want to buy new music and saying that there's no good music anymore. The OP never said the latter. You're projecting.
Projecting??!!? LOL Come on man. Assuming maybe, but I am pretty good at reading people, especially on this forum. It's my super power.

Quote:
I only listen to music when I'm at the gym and what I have in my library is good enough. I really don't need to buy newer songs either. Years and years ago I downloaded all my CD's to my laptop and then to my phone and tablet
That ABSOLUTELY implies to me that OP has all the music now they will ever need, no need to mess around buying more or seeking more out. You certainly can't deny it's pretty common for people to stop seeking out and finding new music as they age. It's just so easy to do today.

Who's right, OP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2020, 03:21 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
So I made the switch to YTM from Google and I don’t notice any major difference. A couple of mix stations are new to me that I like but otherwise pretty painless.

Old 08-30-2020, 11:07 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,494,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post

Who's right, OP?
I'm old. 99.997% of the time when I listen to my music (usually only when exercising, I used to listen when flying weekly for my job but that's not happening now ) I play songs from my Meat Loaf collection. I wanted a player that has all the functions of GPM. I am not adverse to buying songs now and then, probably 80% of the songs on my library are from my purchased CDs, 20% I've bought/downloaded from the internet.

I did get Rocket Player from the Google Play Store. This app seems closer to GPM than YT Music. Thanks to whoever listed that app!

Old 09-04-2020, 10:14 AM

That was me. Rocket Player... rocks. (Yea, I said it).

You really need to check out the LIVE playlists. It's really cool. I can help you with it if you are interested. Live playlists are dynamic playlists that work on the stats from your music.
For example you could create one that says:
PLAY > MY MOST PLAYED SONGS > FROM THE LAST 6 MONTHS
or
PLAY > ALL MUSIC > I HAVEN'T LISTENED TO IN 6 MONTHS

It's very powerful.

Old 12-04-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
That was me. Rocket Player... rocks. (Yea, I said it).
I really like the app! I do have 1 question... how do I exit the app without doing a force close? I don't want to see the musical sign up on the top left of my phone!!

I googled (quickly) and can't seem to find an answer. TIA!

Old 12-04-2020, 12:59 PM

I googled some more....

Quote:
Hitting the back button until you are out of an app is the "best" way to close it and have it release any resources.

But that doesn't get rid of the icon.

ps, I have a Pixel 4XL

Last edited by SanyBelle; 12-04-2020 at 01:24 PM..

Old 12-05-2020, 07:23 AM

When you swipe DOWN the notification panel, you should have the "X" in the upper right corner?!? To the right of where it says "Last Song" in my screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Google Play Music going away end of October or December 2020-screenshot_20201205-092109.jpg  

Old 12-05-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
When you swipe DOWN the notification panel, you should have the "X" in the upper right corner?!? To the right of where it says "Last Song" in my screenshot.
Oh wow thanks! I don't know how I missed that yesterday!

Old 02-05-2021, 01:11 PM

I've been using Rocket Player for 6 months now and love it BUT... this issue just started happening this week---> the sound cuts out. I googled and the instructions were to clear cache which I did and restart my device which I did but it only plays for a couple of minutes after I do those things.

One strange thing I noticed is that my sound on a slot game I play goes out too when this happens. After I clear the Rocket Player cache, that game sound comes back without doing anything to the sound controls but probably restarting fixes this.

How do I know if the problem is the app or my phone (Pixel 4XL)?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm too old for these problems! lol

Old 02-05-2021, 01:45 PM

The fact that it happens to a game too would make me think it's a phone issue. or a different app altogether that was recently installed.
You have a good phone.
The Rocket Player app is rock solid. I've had zero issues with it for YEARS.

Do you "star" things? Do you have a lot of playlists? I ask because I would ask you to remove and reinstall Rocket Player but you will lose that stuff. Not a big deal if you don't star things. There's a way to back that up though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones