Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 12:41 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times

Advertisements

Sprint - HTC EVO 4G

I haven't been "excited" about a cellphone in probably a decade. The Palm Pre piqued my interest pretty significantly, but I was never terribly "gotta have it" over it. This has me excited, though. I've been anticipating the release of this phone since I first heard about it a couple months ago, and plan to have one in my hand on the day it hits the shelves - which is also unusual for me, as I almost never get something until it's been out for a while and the bugs have had a chance to be worked out.

Anybody else planning on getting one of these?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 07:53 PM

43,309 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Sprint - HTC EVO 4G

I haven't been "excited" about a cellphone in probably a decade. The Palm Pre piqued my interest pretty significantly, but I was never terribly "gotta have it" over it. This has me excited, though. I've been anticipating the release of this phone since I first heard about it a couple months ago, and plan to have one in my hand on the day it hits the shelves - which is also unusual for me, as I almost never get something until it's been out for a while and the bugs have had a chance to be worked out.

I am strongly considering it. But, I need to see if I can get it for $199.
If I have to go $449, I may not.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:01 PM

Just got back from Best Buy, where we preordered ours. We got the same deal as we'd have gotten from Sprint, but don't have to mess with the rebate - that closed the deal.

Mike, you should talk to Best Buy or Radio Shack to see what your deal would be. We're both existing Sprint customers that are eligible for the full upgrade discount, so we got it for $200. Not sure what your situation is or what deals they'll give you.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Just got back from Best Buy, where we preordered ours. We got the same deal as we'd have gotten from Sprint, but don't have to mess with the rebate - that closed the deal.

Mike, you should talk to Best Buy or Radio Shack to see what your deal would be. We're both existing Sprint customers that are eligible for the full upgrade discount, so we got it for $200. Not sure what your situation is or what deals they'll give you.
I'm 15 months into a 2 year Sprint contract, so I know I can save a few bucks.
But, I would want to get one for the wife, too, so I will press hard for discount.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:39 PM

674 posts, read 2,553,955 times
I don't really want to pay $440 for it (I don't like the $10 a month just because we can fee).

Old 05-19-2010, 08:06 AM

738 posts, read 2,957,854 times
Quote:
Sprint - HTC EVO 4G

I'm the same way about most phones, I usually would rather let the bugs get worked out and wait before upgrading. I'm still on the original HTC Touch from 2.5 years ago, and I've been holding out on upgrading so that I can jump on and get the EVO. I've been chomping at the bit for it ever since I read about them releasing it as the HTC Supersonic back at the start of the year.

Quote:

Do you need to have your contract or anything set-up through best buy?? I've been on sprint for about 8 years now, and I'm due for my upgrade now. I might have to swing over to best buy to see about pre-ordering there as well. I want the phone already

Old 05-21-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
Do you need to have your contract or anything set-up through best buy??
Nope! I made sure of that before plopping down the deposit, since we got setup with Sprint directly through their website.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:50 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,324,862 times
Preordered mine last week from best buy.. i been with sprint for 2 years and im getting $150 off a new phone
so im getting it for $50 dollars
cant wait

Old 05-24-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
Preordered mine last week from best buy.. i been with sprint for 2 years and im getting $150 off a new phone
so im getting it for $50 dollars
cant wait
Ah, no.. I wish that were the case.

The $199 price is including all available discounts, including upgrade discounts and rebates. The $50 you paid at Best Buy is a deposit only. You can call them to confirm that if you like, but I promise you're not getting the phone for $50.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:10 PM

Default It's coming because I was relentless...

So, I went to Best Buy last night, and they were too busy to talk to me.

And I went across the street to my local Sprint Company Store, the nice folks who have accepted about $2000 from me in the last 16 months.
"The Closer" loitering up front had to put out his cigarette and slouch into the store to speak with me, so I guess that aggravated him.

I said, "I'm here for two HTC Evo's."
The (C)loser: "Nope. Not until June 4th."
Me: "I guess I need to go back over to Best Buy."
The (C)loser: "No, they won't have them either."
Me: "They will on June 4th, right?"
The (C)loser: "No. Don't believe them. No one will have them before we do."
Me: "I hear you folks might have one that a guy could play with?"
The (C)loser: "No, not until next week."

The (C)loser doesn't know if I am a current Sprint customer, a vagrant, or a new prospective customer who might be hoping to sign up a family plan. He doesn't care. His job is to say "No" as many times as it takes to drive people out of the store.
And, there is auto-mation at Sprint for him. The door closed itself as I left shaking my head.

So... Off to Radio Shack this evening.
Where I got to play with a dummy Evo.
And, I have an Evo coming, with an appointment to collect it at 10:00AM, 6/4/2010.
And a $20 coupon for an additional charger, or other accessory.

$199.00, and no rebate to fuss with.
And I met a commissioned salesperson who conversed with me, and who will reap future business, and who will be selling his services long after the (C)Loser is a journey windshield man at the local carwash.

I am pumped about that phone, so the ball is in the Shack's, and Sprint's, and HTC's, and Google's hands. I hope no one fumbles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones