Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 03:47 PM

252 posts, read 495,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
Drivers in the South! LOL...All I gotta say is welcome! I think i use my middle finger here more than I did in NY.

Clax - My High School had an elevator, that was 1986. Maybe you just a little outdated j/k

GO USA
I'm still trying to be nice, so I will just say OMG!!

Hey! less of the outdated bit! I meant of the schools my kids have been too! lol.

Did you see the Germany vs Australia match today? 4-0! I guess at least that both our teams didn't do as badly as the Aussie's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 07:56 PM

1,889 posts, read 5,433,514 times
I have a few suggestions. Try the doctors group in Park West (I think they are called lowcountry). My younger children go to Dr. Eglen @ Park West Pediatrics next door, but your son may not want to go to a pediatrician.

For dentist I love love love Dr. Seay in Park West also. If you go please mention my name she gives a little credit for referrals which helps me since I don't have dental. :>)

Insurance: Wynn and associates..(843) 884-7000they write for many companies and I find them much cheaper than usaa.

This has been a very hot summer so far. Not the norm to have 90's at this point. But we don't normally get snow either...so who knows what this year will bring.

PS the new Harris Teeter is hiring (for your son)

Old 06-14-2010, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachme View Post
I have a few suggestions. Try the doctors group in Park West (I think they are called lowcountry). My younger children go to Dr. Eglen @ Park West Pediatrics next door, but your son may not want to go to a pediatrician.

For dentist I love love love Dr. Seay in Park West also. If you go please mention my name she gives a little credit for referrals which helps me since I don't have dental. :>)

Insurance: Wynn and associates..(843) 884-7000they write for many companies and I find them much cheaper than usaa.

This has been a very hot summer so far. Not the norm to have 90's at this point. But we don't normally get snow either...so who knows what this year will bring.

PS the new Harris Teeter is hiring (for your son)
Thank you Darcy! I will be trying to get the medical stuff sorted today, plus the insurance, so great timing! You are right about Matthew not wanting a pediatrician, he thinks he is all grown up now! I looked online at the Harris Teeter jobline, but couldn't find anything about Summer hire, would he just put an application in as a part time worker and then put his age details on the application? he has never done Summer work before, so not exactly sure how to apply.

Will definitely mention your name if we can get in with your dentist, it will depend on their insurance plans, we have to find an in network provider

Old 06-14-2010, 05:48 AM

Also there is a MUSC remote office next to Woodys in the Park west Shoppes, they are good too I hear.
I would just go to Harris Teeter and have him apply. They would understand kids need summer jobs.

Glad you settling in. :>)

Old 06-14-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Also there is a MUSC remote office next to Woodys in the Park west Shoppes, they are good too I hear.
I would just go to Harris Teeter and have him apply. They would understand kids need summer jobs.

Glad you settling in. :>)
Thanx again Darcy

Will get Jay to take him over there when he gets home from work, I have to go with Jay to base and follow him home so he can get his truck, i'm trying to get myelf ready for driving here, I hate driving in new areas, but it has to be done!

Old 06-15-2010, 07:53 AM

Anyone have any experience with Dr Feller in Mount Pleasant?
Also, the coastal dental office?
Sorry Darcy, Dr Seay's office don't take our insurance, I tried

We tried out the Dog and Duck for dinner last night, it was a last minute thing and being English, I thought it might be a little like 'our' pubs back home. The staff were very friendly and the food was ok, was a little worried about the glass of beer I got (blue moon) it was very cloudy and I wasn't sure if they maybe don't clean their 'pipelines' out as often as they should.

Jay and I are hoping to try out the chinese place on DI over the weekend, do we need to reserve a table? does it get busy?

Old 06-15-2010, 07:56 AM

Did you go to the Dog and Duck in Park West? It's newer but...

No reservations needed at the Dragon Palace on DI.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:04 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
Blue Moon draft always seems to be cloudy..........

Old 06-15-2010, 08:05 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
Originally from Canada and you know what I miss from a pub -- a lime and lager...you just can't get that here in the south.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Did you go to the Dog and Duck in Park West? It's newer but...

No reservations needed at the Dragon Palace on DI.
Yep, that's the one we went too, they had the 'footy' on tv, which was nice, but not sure we will be rushing back any time soon, we were really just going to publix for groceries and got peckish

Talking of 'footy' any suggestions for bigger bars etc that are going to be showing the matches?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area