Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 05:47 AM

252 posts, read 495,287 times

Advertisements

So, what are you all doing this weekend? Do many of the 'locals' do the Patriots point entertainment? How about the Navy one tomorrow? Or do you just prefer to have a family/friends get together at home?

I would like to go to Patriots point, (Jay too) I just think it may get too crowded and sticky, is it all outdoors? If we decide to go just for the fireworks later in the evening, would we be out of luck regards parking?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 06:33 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,327,603 times
The best way to see fireworks in Charleston is from the Harbor on a boat....

We stay at home most of the time use the time to work in the yard, the grass is way over grown and my flower and veggy gardens are a mess too....

If we go out to see the fireworks from the harbor we don't go out until later in the day after most of the crazies have gone back in...

Old 07-01-2010, 06:56 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,430,197 times
We usually watch the fireworks from IOP beach but be prepared to be in a a lot of traffic for along time. This year we may not since my 2 year old is not a fan of fireworks.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
The best way to see fireworks in Charleston is from the Harbor on a boat....

We stay at home most of the time use the time to work in the yard, the grass is way over grown and my flower and veggy gardens are a mess too....

If we go out to see the fireworks from the harbor we don't go out until later in the day after most of the crazies have gone back in...
Yeah, I heard about the harbor/boat idea, that will have to wait a while (no boat) We may just go later, we won't know how 'bad' it is unless we try huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachme View Post
We usually watch the fireworks from IOP beach but be prepared to be in a a lot of traffic for along time. This year we may not since my 2 year old is not a fan of fireworks.
I was wondering what kind of 'view' we would get from IOP, especially as fireworks are illegal there? And yes, we had thought about the traffic issue too, not sure it would be worth dealing with all that! If it was up to Jay, we would be going out and buying up every huge rocket he can find and doing his 'pyro' act in the back yard!!

Old 07-01-2010, 07:43 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,327,603 times
He can do that and come on over to my house, then we can have a WOW marathon.........

You can go to Fort Moultrie for a good view, IOP is too far from the harbor to see very much, need to get further south....

Old 07-01-2010, 07:45 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,998,048 times
Neighborhood block party @ our pool...Cook out...Beers...Then we'll try and blow our fingers off! I can't wait...Love the 4th ... Even better, I'm making Monday my own Holiday! Recoup day

Old 07-01-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
He can do that and come on over to my house, then we can have a WOW marathon.........

You can go to Fort Moultrie for a good view, IOP is too far from the harbor to see very much, need to get further south....
Don't encourage him!

We may just try Fort Moultrie (thanx) Anything to 'distract' him from bankrupting us by buying out the area of fireworks!

Old 07-01-2010, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
Neighborhood block party @ our pool...Cook out...Beers...Then we'll try and blow our fingers off! I can't wait...Love the 4th ... Even better, I'm making Monday my own Holiday! Recoup day

Sounds like fun, I don't think there is any neighborhood celebration here, (if there is we weren't invited!)

Jay has a 4 day weekend too, it will be nice to catch up, he has been getting home around 6pm this past couple weeks and in bed by 9pm! Poor baby, I think he is feeling his age!

Old 07-01-2010, 08:07 AM

1,710 posts, read 5,680,893 times
We'll be out in the boat to watch this. Salute From the Shore: Event Information

Here is a list of fireworks going on in the area.
Fireworks displays, events to celebrate 4th of July in Lowcountry | WCBD

Old 07-01-2010, 08:10 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,430,197 times
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=4]Uncle Sam Jam on July 4
Come to Mount Pleasant Pier to enjoy live beach music under the stars. The
music starts at 8 p.m. This Independence Day, the East Coast Party Band is performing. The pier is located at the foot of the Ravenel Bridge on Charleston Harbor.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=4]The Mount Pleasant Pier will be a great spot to view the area’s fireworks displays! Gates open at 7 p.m. and music begins at 8 p.m. Tickets will be limited, so purchase yours in advance. On-site tickets, if available, will be $10. Beverages will be available for purchase on site.
For more information, call 843-795-4FUN or visit www.ccprc.com.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
Red, White & Blue on The Green & Fireworks

[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=4]Location[/SIZE] [SIZE=4]: Hutchinson Town Square & Gahagan Sports Complex (515 West Boundary St.)[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=4]Date: July 3rd, 5-8pm Hutchinson Town Square, 9pm Fireworks Display at Gahagan
[/SIZE] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=4] On Saturday, July 3rd, historic downtown Summerville will be transformed into an Independence Day street festival. Summerville D.R.E.A.M. (Downtown Restoration, Enhancement and management) will be hosting the annual Red, White and Blue on the Green. There will be face painting and crafts for kids. There will be a dunk tank for adventurous adults. The $3.00 ‘games wristband’ will include unlimited games, unlimited jumping in the jump castles and unlimited tries to hit the target and burst a water balloon…over someone’s head!!!! There will be live music by Bad Moon Band and food vendors with scrumptious wares….hot dogs, snow cones and elephant ears….just to mention a few.
[/SIZE] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=4]The highlight of the event will be the Uncle Sam and Miss Liberty Costume Contest followed by the non-motorized parade around Hutchinson Square led by Mayor Berlin G. Myers. Bicycles, Tricycles, Wagons, Roller Skates, Roller Blades, Baby Carriages, Dogs, Goats, Kids – DECORATE them ALL!! Be as Patriotic as possible – All entries will be part of the judging and the winners will be announced directly after the parade! There will be prizes for Uncle Sam, Miss Liberty, Most Patriotic, Best in Show and Best Decorated Pet[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=4]Admission: Free[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=4]For more information, contact Summerville DREAM at 843-821-7260. [/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=4]North Charleston – Riverfront Park -3-10 pm[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=4]The City of North Charleston is once again hosting the July 4th celebration at the Riverfront Park on Sunday, July 4, 2010 from 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM. At this year’s event, we present local entertainers, “Quianna Parlor” from American Idol, “The Blue Dogs” and “CoastRunner” along with other activities throughout the event , ending a wonderful day with a spectacular fireworks display at dark.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=4]The City of North Charleston’s 4th of July Festival is our largest sponsored event. Annually held at Riverfront Park, the Festival features nationally reknowned performers, such as Mary Wilson of the Supremes, Marshall Tucker Band, and Lee Greenwood.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=4]The Festival is presented free of charge to the public will all general admission for attendees. Guests attending the Festival are invited to bring lawn chairs and blankets, as there is no seating provided. No alcohol is permissible within the park. A wide variety of food vendors are always on site. Children activities are available free of charge, including inflatable jump castles, games, the play area, the giant sandbox, and the water fountain.
Call (843) 745-1087 for more information.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area