Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 11:15 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,679,579 times

Advertisements

Apple Store is on King street. I've been there twice and both times I had to park in a nearby paid lot because I couldn't find street parking. If you have to pay to park when you go stop in and eat at Mellow Mushroom. That's how I justify paying to park.
(I am also an Apple geek)

My boys are both well over 6', and pretty much the only place I have been able to find pants with 34" inseams or longer is at Kohls, and the selection is limited. It doesn't help that they need a waist around 30" either. If they don't thicken up in the middle soon I'll be doing all their shopping at Oldnavy.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiGator View Post
Excuse me for interrupting, but WHERE is the Apple Store at in Charleston? I heard it's in a small building somewhere on King Street?? How hard is it to find? How hard is it to find a parking space where is located? Yes I'm an Apple geek, but besides my Harley I'm no different than any other almost middle-aged, married for 25+ years, man. Really I am.

On another note, as someone who will be new to the area by the end of this month, but has a son entering high school who is roughly 6' 4" (he hates basketball), where is the best place to find clothes for him? Anything stand out up there other than your normal Walmart, Target, Sears, or JC Penney's stores? He's not that hard to buy for but finding clothes that fit him is starting to be a challenge for us. :|

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 12:33 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,338,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanneself View Post
Apple Store is on King street. I've been there twice and both times I had to park in a nearby paid lot because I couldn't find street parking. If you have to pay to park when you go stop in and eat at Mellow Mushroom. That's how I justify paying to park.
(I am also an Apple geek)

My boys are both well over 6', and pretty much the only place I have been able to find pants with 34" inseams or longer is at Kohls, and the selection is limited. It doesn't help that they need a waist around 30" either. If they don't thicken up in the middle soon I'll be doing all their shopping at Oldnavy.com.
You need to get them eating some good southern food.....

Old 07-07-2011, 07:16 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,679,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
You need to get them eating some good southern food.....
Sounds great, you cookin'?
They sure aren't well fed when I'm manning the kitchen!
It feels a little criminal, actually. My kitchen came with all these extra fancy appliances and I can't even figure out the microwave. I need to be adopted by a Southern Mommy that will take me in hand and show me the ropes before my poor starving children blow away in the wind.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:36 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,338,201 times
Try out Charleston cooks downtown, they have cooking classes there everyday....

Old 07-07-2011, 09:11 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
Shopping online is the way to go -- you can always find the right sizes. Yeah I just pay for parking when I shop downtown. It is never very much and it saves driving around looking for a spot.

Apple store - 301 King Street,

Old 07-08-2011, 12:38 AM

212 posts, read 415,226 times
Thanks. I'm used to the Apple stores being in malls, but I can adjust to what Charleston offers.

As for the clothes, we say good jeans at JCPenny awhile back but I didn't know if there were outlet malls we could hit also. We'll be moved in roughly 2 weeks before school starts so we aint gonna have a lot of time for money to get this stuff done.

As for food, my son eats constantly. Haven't been home in a month due to work in San Diego, but I'll be home Saturday morning so maybe he's started beefing up a bit. I'm from Cajun Country in Southern Louisiana he gets a lot of southern cooking in his belly. Just can't get him enough sometimes, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area