Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 06:39 AM

15 posts, read 164,038 times

Advertisements

We just moved to Mount Pleasant from the Atlanta area about 6 weeks ago. We need to purchase a King bedroom set as well as some leather couches and accent pieces. Since we have small kids, I do not want to invest in high end furniture right now. I am looking to spend around 3,000 (or less) on a King set (we already have a mattress) and about the same for a good living room set (couch, love seat and possibly a chair and ottoman). I am open to buying used if it is decent quality. I guess I was "spoiled" in Atlanta and I have always found excellent deals on CL - but have not had the same success here. What are the best options around here to find a good deal on decent quality furniture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 06:49 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,433,514 times
I just bought my son bunk beds and found this place. Ask for Nate if you try it. It's called Mount Pleasant furniture. Atlantic Bedding & Furniture Store Locator | Atlantic Bedding and Furniture

Old 08-16-2011, 09:14 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,338,201 times
We use Infinger in Goose Creek...

Old 08-16-2011, 09:58 AM

859 posts, read 1,363,382 times
Ethan Allen on 17 north right by the IOP connector; try Celadon on COleman for some funkier stuff. If you're not opposed to second hand, you can get some great deals on Craigslist Charleston.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:06 AM

Ethan Allen on 17 north right by the IOP connector; try Celadon on Coleman for some funkier stuff - and just saw they're having a 30% sale on beds!. Sofa Superstore on 17 South, but watch for quality. If you're not opposed to second hand, you can get some great deals on Craigslist Charleston.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:21 AM

121 posts, read 353,846 times
Default Awesome stuff

Nadeau Furniture (mt.pleasant)

Nadeau - Furniture with a Soul

here are the reviews of their store in Chicago:
Nadeau Furniture - Ravenswood - Chicago, IL

This place is fantastic! good quality and prices. I have been to both stores in Chicago and Mt.Pleasant and have bought furniture in each location. One of my favorite stores! (I bought a beautiful Armoire in 2004 in Mt. Pleasant before I moved to NC and it has since been on 3 other moves with me and held up great..was even in storage for a yr.)

Last edited by jld13072; 08-16-2011 at 10:32 AM..

Old 08-16-2011, 02:07 PM

Sorry for the double post - the gremlins are obviously at work!

Love Nadeau, too! But I don't think they carry sofas, do they?

Old 08-17-2011, 09:52 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,679,579 times
I know this isn't what you asked for, but I thought I would add this: Total Estate Sales
Sign up for their email list, and check out their sales. Their last several sales have had some really high quality furniture at a great price. It's a great way to get quality pieces at a bargain. I've only been to one because I feel weird going alone and my husband has no interest, but from their photos of their other sales it seems like they acquire some beautiful estates to work with.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:27 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,675,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfy041902 View Post
We just moved to Mount Pleasant from the Atlanta area about 6 weeks ago. We need to purchase a King bedroom set as well as some leather couches and accent pieces. Since we have small kids, I do not want to invest in high end furniture right now. I am looking to spend around 3,000 (or less) on a King set (we already have a mattress) and about the same for a good living room set (couch, love seat and possibly a chair and ottoman). I am open to buying used if it is decent quality. I guess I was "spoiled" in Atlanta and I have always found excellent deals on CL - but have not had the same success here. What are the best options around here to find a good deal on decent quality furniture?
For new under $3K and for all you want, about the only place in that price range in Mount Pleasant will be Sofa Super Store, Rte 17.

Otherwise the big advertisers/national chains like Rooms to Go, Ashley Furniture, etc. which will all be in North Charleston.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:38 PM

209 posts, read 534,479 times
If you want disposable furniture: Haverty's, Rooms To Go, Room Store are all on Rivers near Ashley Phosphate (just outside Northwoods Mall).

If you want real furniture: Infingers on Hwy 52 just over the Goose Creek city limit, Southeastern Galleries on Hwy 61 in West Ashley, Morris Sokol downtown Chas, Ethan Allen in Mt. P., Stuckey Bros in Mt. P.

And keep checking Craigslist!! I totally lucked into an Ethan Allen dining room set (British Classics) including table, table pads, 2 leaves, 6 chairs, and china cabient for $1500! Retail was probably over $8k. There IS nice stuff on there occasionally!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area