Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 12:56 PM

4 posts, read 7,271 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Charleston area in March and I am looking online at Middleton Cove and Berkshires Apts in the West Ashley area. I was down in October to look at apts but did not see either of these. In fact, i did not experience hardly anything in the west ashley area. After doing a recent search these popped up.

Does anyone have feedback on these rentals that would be useful to me?
Like:
Are these areas/complexes safe?
Any personal feelings from past/present tenants?

If no one has info on these complexes... What about West Ashley? Is this a safe area? Good place to live for two 20 something females?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 04:24 PM

469 posts, read 891,007 times
I had my own questions about West Ashley recently and I think it was pattiq that gave me this link in regards to nearby crimes (this address is for Bershires - just change it for wherever you're looking for) http://www.spotcrime.com/#1850%20ash...leston%2C%20sc - and from what I could find, it looks like Berkshires used to be called The Oaks and here's what I found on that The Oaks Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Charleston apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com. You can find info on Middleton Place there too.

When I see these ratings sites, I read them and take them upon advisement, but realize that complainers are going to go to those kinds of sites more than happy people. And it looks like Berkshires has been completely renovated so all of the things about The Oaks may be moot. That being said - I just read some of the reviews on Berkshires and some of the things did cause me to go hmmmmm.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:35 AM

3 posts, read 11,147 times
Smile both okay

I would say go with Berkshires out of the 2. Middleton Cove is pretty outdated but they do have a nice screened porch. Berkshires just upgraded all of their appliances. There have been a few car break-ins around the area but I walk around Berkshires and feel safe at night. Did you look at Plantation Oaks? They are older but have a good size layout of their 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. Bad thing about Middleton is that it is sooo hard to turn left out of the complex. I'm just trying to think of the pros and cons but honestly there aren't too many cons about either place. For me I would pick Berkshires even though I love having a screened in porch b/c they have more than one way to get in/out of the complex which is nice and the new appliances are a big plus.
Good luck!!

Old 01-09-2012, 11:12 AM

3 posts, read 4,872 times
Default I live in middleton cove

Go with the other something is always break and not to mention the endless nosy neighbors I will be very happy when my lease is up!! Good luck with the move
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area