Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2012, 04:13 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times

Advertisements

So my Coastal Living magazine is so much fun to read. In looking at the 15 happiest towns to live in listed there... #1 is Kiawah Island.
How about that South Carolina?

You even beat out Naples, Florida which came in second.

Your small town charms and being so near and dear to Charleston helped get you first place. Although that ocean beach had to help for sure.
Five golf courses and gorgeous resorts...Your an amazing place.

Wow, hard to believe Kiawah (of our very own SC) beat out beach towns in California and Hawaii. Beach towns in Maryland and Massachusetts....

Number 10 was Lahaina of Hawaii. This seafaring community that supports a harbor for American whaling vessels. The crown jewel of the islands. Quaint and pretty, I found this town to be interesting but a tad bit expensive. I know one Italian restaurant nearly knocked me off my feet with the pricing list.

So now I'd like to venture there in the fall and get some pictures of this island paradise. I really have a list of towns to visit in my new home state. I know that I hear great things about Beauford also.

My heart tells me to go! I noticed the hotels are quite expensive there but I always have that beautiful Shem Creek area to stay in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 05:58 PM

1,195 posts, read 3,472,385 times
u mean Beaufort? home of all the Marines to be, east of the Mississippi? OooooRahhhh and SemperFi!

pretty area but keep going til u hit Hilton Head...

Old 05-20-2012, 06:12 PM

1,075 posts, read 2,113,463 times
If a person lives on Kiawah .. does anyone here REALLY think they WOULDN'T be happy?

It's like the last space on the board of the game of LIFE.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:12 PM

246 posts, read 518,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogrsp61 View Post
If a person lives on Kiawah .. does anyone here REALLY think they WOULDN'T be happy?
My thoughts exactly! I was thinking....'Well heck yeah, if *I* could afford to live in one of those seaside mansions and look out at the sun rising over the ocean every morning...'

Old 05-21-2012, 04:52 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
LOL -- exactly -- if you are complaining about your life on Kiawah -- something is not right. Small town charm........hmmmm Kiawah is nice --- but small town charm.......hmmmmm doesn't feel small town when you drive through -- it feels like suburban -- high end...

Old 05-21-2012, 08:15 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,958,713 times
I wonder if Naples and Lahaina have a big gate to keep everyone out? LOL

Old 05-21-2012, 05:54 PM

547 posts, read 1,196,526 times
Property owners in Kiawah have an average net worth around 4 million.... I'd be pretty happy too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area