Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:31 PM

12 posts, read 61,612 times

Advertisements

im looking to relocate to either the charleston, florence, or myrtle beach areas. i need some input from the locals. im not a clubber or people person. i enjoy space and quiet. im a hole in the wall type biker, and i love to fish. im not rich, so im lookin for a cheaper area without the serious crime problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 06:03 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,016,626 times
How close do you want to be to the water? How much land/space are you looking for? And do you have any idea of a price range.

There are plenty of areas local to Charleston, on/near tidal creeks and rivers, that would certainly fit the bill. With a little more info we could probably narrow down if the Charleston area's a good fit or not, or if you'd have more luck looking in the Florence area.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:52 PM

899 posts, read 3,490,417 times
I'm assuming Harley;

Salt or Fresh water?
Top money amount?
Number of bedrooms?

We can set you up with an automatic update on what is on the market.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:43 PM

i love the salt air, and i would like to be with in 30mins. of salt water. im looking to rent until i get a good feel of the area before buying. i dnt need alot of space, but at the same time, i dnt wanna hear my neighbors love making.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:04 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,016,626 times
Hahaha, ok. There are plenty of areas that would be within 30 minutes of salt water, relative to Charleston. Places down around Hollywood, Ravenel, Rural West Ashley, and parts of John's Island are going for great prices right now. It would depend on your ultimate price range, but there are certainly areas to look at while you're renting.

Try renting in West Ashley for the time being. It would put you under 20 minutes to downtown or the beach, and you'd be centrally located to just about anywhere you needed to go in the tri-county area.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:18 PM

i have a friend that lives outside of john's island, but getting good info from her is fruitless. she just lives there and cant tell you anything about the area. ha ha ha. im more attracted to smaller or somewhat rural communities. i rather drive to the action than to live in the center of it. being originally from chicago and living a few years in nyc and south jersey, i have no desire to live in action central anymore. i dont wanna pay more than $600 a month for a apartment, being that im a truck driver and im gone 4 days a week. i dont wanna pay alot for space to house my belongings. 1 or 2 bdrms would do me fine.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:23 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,873,403 times
I have a buddy who just retired from NYC & sounds like he is in almost the same siuation as you & loves to ride. He just moved to Longs (Horry County) and seems to really like it. It is a little too rural for me but its not too far from Myrtle Beach. Close enough for you to find the action but far enough that the action doesn't find you!

Old 10-16-2007, 04:20 PM

99 posts, read 354,818 times
Default bikers

my "biker bud" loves riding route 17 between charleston and myrtle beach.
there is the "kicking horse bar" that is biker friendly by awendaw and "suckbangblow" in myrtle beach. there are quite a few rallies in MB in the warm months, but he chose to live down by georgetown, about halfway, where there are a few more houses with land and where he can work on his bikes in the yard without an HOA on his back. Prices are "not so painful" there too.
Inland from MB towards florence has some wide open areas but is building up fast.
try visiting myrtle beach off season and ride around.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:51 AM

thanx alot guys. i plan to do alittle looking around in december in the florence and conway areas. i dont know anything about conway, but my biker brother has family there and they love it.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:08 AM

21 posts, read 47,935 times
We recently purchased a home in Longs, SC, a suburb of Myrtel Beach and love it. Had originally planned on Summerville but we got more home for less money (and newer), less than 15 mins to ocean and acre of land in a very quiet area. Good luck and hope to see you there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area