Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2007, 04:26 PM

54 posts, read 170,062 times

Advertisements

We're on our way. (as Ive said before) People have replied to my questions about parks and housing Thanks, but no one mentions any social life our side the housing developments. Are their community/ local pubs abd coffee shops for just hanging out? Are their areas that have wireless?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 07:27 PM

7 posts, read 24,614 times
There are quite a lot of coffee shops downtown, and most are wireless. Also, there are a TON of bars that cater to everyone between college students and retirees.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:12 PM

3 posts, read 2,804 times
are you talking about downtown charleston or summerville?

Old 11-09-2007, 10:42 PM

7 posts, read 24,614 times
oh, sorry- referring to downtown Charleston. I'm new to this forum and didn't realize that there was some previous discussion that probably alluded to Summerville. I'm not too familiar with Summerville, but I have heard that there are some good bars there too.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:10 AM

7 posts, read 24,757 times
I'm not too familiar with Ladson and Summerville, but my favorite pub is Madra Rua in North Charleston near (or in ...not sure of the boundaries) Park Circle.

Also, for those of you in the area, we just ate at EVO aka Extra Virgin Oven which is right across the street from Madra Rua. They have a small seasonal (major plus in my book) menu with the main attraction being fantastic wood fired pizzas made with fresh local ingredients. I won't go as far to say it's the best in Charleston since I have yet to sample every pizza, but it's damn good!
Next up is Monza, Munza, or something like that - just opened up downtown.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:30 AM

899 posts, read 3,490,779 times
EVO is good pizza, some of the best here. Great story on those guys, they built a trailer with a brick oven in it and went from fair to farmer's market. Did well enough to open their own place in Park Circle.

More great pizza = the wine bar at Al de La in West Ashley. Also wood fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area