Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 08:34 PM

16 posts, read 30,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudPatriot07 View Post
Gonna be up front here. I used the mom and son thread, and my husband and I lived at ShadowMoss Pointe. We saw their post about the train track, but the apartment we looked at was not near the tracks and we did not know which unit we would get.

Well.... turns out our unit was like 2 units from the end... right where the tracks were. The bed in the bedroom sometimes vibrated like the "National Lampoon's Vacation" bed in that hotel. And the train came multiple times a night. We slept with a fan on and we got used to it... but when we moved, we were so thankful to sleep in silence!

Also, the equipment in the workout room was broken the entire time I lived there (not that there was much in there to begin with) and sometimes the car wash hose in the car wash area was broken.

Last summer we had a bunch of summer workers from Kiawah golf course living in the apartment complex and they partied. They were shooting off fireworks in the parking lot on July 4 last year, even when the complex told them not to. They moved out at the end of tourist season and since we moved into a home, I'm not sure if they are back. But there were a few units on the back row that basically reminded me of college parties...

Personally, if I had to do it again, we would not have chosen ShadowMoss Pointe and I really can't recommend it either. The other one we looked at, Colonial Village at WestChase, was a close second and I kinda wish we'd gone with that one instead. But we had to move on a whim and didn't have much time, we had to take what we could get on that particular day... I do wish we'd looked around more and ultimately chosen another complex.

Thank you for your honest review. this is what I wanna hear. No sugar coat or anything.

As for everyone else, thank you as well for your reviews. I've been looking at all of the suggestions of apartments you all are giving as well. So far I've heard very good reviews on Colonial Village.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 02:04 PM

1,372 posts, read 2,054,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelReginaII View Post
Thank you for your honest review. this is what I wanna hear. No sugar coat or anything.

As for everyone else, thank you as well for your reviews. I've been looking at all of the suggestions of apartments you all are giving as well. So far I've heard very good reviews on Colonial Village.
Yeah, I never wanted to be too honest until they sent our security deposit and the remainder of what we paid in rent back. I know this is the internet and I use an alias, but I feel a lot better about spilling my guts now that the check is in the bank .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area