Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 02:31 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,182,465 times

Advertisements

I love Nason's and how convenient it is. You don't have to wait weeks for an appt and you don't have to go to the emergency room. General practitioners are important but the delay of diagnosis and scheduling diagnostic tests is annoying. I hate having to be sent to another place, just for certain testing....my ped even sends the kids out for lab work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 03:57 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprouts View Post
I love Nason's and how convenient it is. You don't have to wait weeks for an appt and you don't have to go to the emergency room. General practitioners are important but the delay of diagnosis and scheduling diagnostic tests is annoying. I hate having to be sent to another place, just for certain testing....my ped even sends the kids out for lab work.
Have you tried Health First Cares? Way less wait time, less expensive, quality care, and flexible plans for self-pay, which was my main draw. Being self employed and without insurance, Nason was getting higher and higher everytime I went. I save almost $100 per visit at Health First Cares.

Health First | Primary Care, Urgent Care, and Emergency Care

Old 05-20-2014, 06:02 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,182,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Have you tried Health First Cares? Way less wait time, less expensive, quality care, and flexible plans for self-pay, which was my main draw. Being self employed and without insurance, Nason was getting higher and higher everytime I went. I save almost $100 per visit at Health First Cares.

I haven't. I have used MUSC after-hours ped care and that was pretty good. There was another place by NorthWoods Mall that we took my teen to and they were good.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:04 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,281,291 times
Quote:

We go to this one...it's good

Old 05-20-2014, 08:01 PM

3,591 posts, read 4,355,632 times
We took our youngest to the MUSC Children's after care on 17 one evening and were really impressed. The doc was top notch, didn't really cost any more than our normal ped doc. It's become our go to place for after care for the kids.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:25 PM

291 posts, read 548,030 times
It's Health First, not Health First Cares. They only added the word "cares" to their web address because someone else has the domain healthfirst.com

Old 05-21-2014, 11:51 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Gotcha. I use MUSC for dental and MRI's etc, but just for everyday issues, Health First has been great. I love how they have things set up and I haven't spent more than 30 minutes in that place in my four visits.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:25 PM

326 posts, read 498,505 times
i've always had good experiences there.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:29 AM

119 posts, read 205,240 times
Quote:

I have a high deductible health plan that won't even allow me to use Health First towards my deductible plus their hours aren't as extensive as Nason's are. I have only used Nason (they are a provider for my insurance) once and was very pleased with the care I received and affordable cost. This type of government intervention only will drive up costs of medical care for us.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:47 AM

14,251 posts, read 14,745,966 times
Nason and other "Docs in a Box" have their places. I myself have used and will use them. That said, realize what they are or are not. To me an Emergency Room is open 24/7 and part of a full service hospital, it is not a Doc in a Box from 8am to 8pm. The use of the wording Emergency Room can be misleading and dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area