Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 09:00 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,944,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
How nervy of people to tell others what they can and can't do with the property that they are not only paying for, but paying insurance on, taxes on, utilities, cost of maintenance, etc. Most city/town ordinances are for safety. Most HOA ordinances are for jerks. Luckily, our HOA board members are good people. I'd rather have a person of good character living next door to me with six junk cars than to have a pompous you know what who worries only about themselves and their precious grass. Good grief! If someone told me that I couldn't leave my garage door open, I'd laugh my butt off at them... I can't believe those people expect to be taken seriously. It's no wonder there are so many screwed up families today. Too many spending too much time worrying about other people instead of worrying about what's going on inside of their own.
They may be of good character, but they can keep their good character and junk cars elsewhere not next to me. Good character doesn't improve my resell values, but junk cars definitely lowers them.
It's all strictly business so try not to read too much into HOA's and over generalize the people who are ok with living within established rules. Being a jerk is making one's neighbors look like they live in a dumpy neighborhood because somebody doesn't want to maintain their yard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 06:24 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock View Post
Not all of CB has this rule. Everyone in Bridgewater has a 6 footer. Hundreds of homes.
I know that, I've seen it. I like the fences in Bridgewater, they are normal 6 ft. privacy fences. Nice.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:27 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
How nervy of people to tell others what they can and can't do with the property that they are not only paying for, but paying insurance on, taxes on, utilities, cost of maintenance, etc. Most city/town ordinances are for safety. Most HOA ordinances are for jerks. Luckily, our HOA board members are good people. I'd rather have a person of good character living next door to me with six junk cars than to have a pompous you know what who worries only about themselves and their precious grass. Good grief! If someone told me that I couldn't leave my garage door open, I'd laugh my butt off at them... I can't believe those people expect to be taken seriously. It's no wonder there are so many screwed up families today. Too many spending too much time worrying about other people instead of worrying about what's going on inside of their own.
I agree with you Cajun. In my property on James Island (townhome I own and rent out), they sent me a ltter asking that the tenants to take the "To the Beach" sign off the front door!
I just ignored the Hoa....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area