Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 11:40 AM

14 posts, read 13,055 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone! Renting for a year would be wonderful, and we did spend a year in West Ashley, but we have sort of a unique situation because my fiance is a minor league ball player. We are getting married in January, heading to spring training in Arizona February-March, and then we get sent somewhere for the season. We are really only home September-January in any year. We don't want to rent again, especially because it's nearly impossible to find a furnished place that would want tenants for only 5 months and it is getting so expensive to rent in Chas we both think it would be better to own. We can also rent out to the Charleston Riverdogs, since they need housing for the same time frame as we would be gone and he knows some of the clubhouse guys/the broadcaster for the team.

Ideally, we will be able to find a place to close on at the end of the summer of 2016. We have a great realtor in Charleston that we worked with before we left for this past season, but I thought I'd try the forum for neighborhood suggestions since I'm sure he is very busy with other clients and we are not ready to buy yet. Thank you all for the suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 12:44 PM

184 posts, read 216,381 times
cmb627, that is a unique situation. Ball players live like gypsies for seven months out of the year, so I'd imagine it would be nice to have one spot to call home at the end of a long season without having to worry. Pretty sure some of the Riverdog players and staff are housed over at the Boulevard here in Mount Pleasant.

If you end up buying in a neighborhood with an HOA, just make sure that you know what the HOA rules are on renting. A lot of places won't allow leases to be written for less than a full year.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:10 PM

Great idea shemcreek! I had not thought about the HOA and renting. It seems to me that there are a lot less neighborhoods with HOAs in James Island.

I just took a look at The Boulevard. So nice! I would imagine that the ball players have to squeeze 4 or 5 guys into a 3 bedroom there. Rents seem pretty high for low A ball players

Old 10-06-2015, 02:11 PM

Also it looks like the shortest lease term is 6 months. Maybe they give them a deal in exchange for autographed balls LOL!

Old 10-06-2015, 02:43 PM

184 posts, read 216,381 times
I just took a look at The Boulevard. So nice! I would imagine that the ball players have to squeeze 4 or 5 guys into a 3 bedroom there. Rents seem pretty high for low A ball players

Some of the players stayed in West Ashley. The coaches and the top prospects get the better digs. The Yankees are a pretty well-funded organization so even though it's Single A ball they still make an effort.

Not sure about the autographed balls, lol. Maybe tickets?

I've worked down at the press box for the last two seasons tracking pitches for a company that contracts with the Yankees. This level of play is sometimes difficult to take in on a nightly basis, but occasionally a guy like Jorge Mateo comes along and is fun to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
View detailed profiles of: