Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 07:06 PM
Status: "Without data, it's just an opinion." (set 6 days ago)

5,754 posts, read 4,736,775 times

Advertisements

Actually Dripping Springs. Obscene growth isn't there yet. And, as I said earlier, Austin is doing things so much better than here.

Plus Austin was already at 437K the first time I saw it. Charleston was around 66K.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:37 PM

8 posts, read 7,708 times
Alright, here is the big draw for Charleston, from my perspective.

-Charleston is one of the three cities I know of in the U.S. to have gorgeous women in great numbers, as hot as my ex-girlfriend who I would like to replace and forget about. The only other two places I know of like this are Scottsdale, AZ and Newport Beach, CA. Without even looking it up I can tell you for a fact there was at some point a historical migration from South Carolina to Southern California, because the girls look exactly the same.

-Women outnumber men in Charleston, and it shows. I'm accustomed to dealing with the opposite ratio, and it's very revealing to see how much of a difference this makes.

-I can surf there.

-I can easily buy a house here without a crushing million dollar mortgage.

So from my perspective, it's Southern California with no mountains, better values, a more favorable gender ratio, and ungodly humidity. That is a tradeoff I am willing to make.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:45 PM
Status: "Without data, it's just an opinion." (set 6 days ago)

5,754 posts, read 4,736,775 times
I've lived in Charleston. There are gorgeous women here.

When I walk down Congress in Austin, my jaw drops. Austin hands down.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:11 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,983,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalReturn View Post
Alright, here is the big draw for Charleston, from my perspective.

-Charleston is one of the three cities I know of in the U.S. to have gorgeous women in great numbers, as hot as my ex-girlfriend who I would like to replace and forget about. The only other two places I know of like this are Scottsdale, AZ and Newport Beach, CA. Without even looking it up I can tell you for a fact there was at some point a historical migration from South Carolina to Southern California, because the girls look exactly the same.

-Women outnumber men in Charleston, and it shows. I'm accustomed to dealing with the opposite ratio, and it's very revealing to see how much of a difference this makes.

-I can surf there.

-I can easily buy a house here without a crushing million dollar mortgage.

So from my perspective, it's Southern California with no mountains, better values, a more favorable gender ratio, and ungodly humidity. That is a tradeoff I am willing to make.
Good to hear not everybody's priorities are schools and traffic and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
You don't get it, and probably never will. But I really don't care. You'll never know how charming Charleston used to be.

Austin is actually managing growth. It has no natural boundaries and the city, county, and state are being extremely proactive in managing infrastructure. Charleston, the surrounding communities, the counties, and the state are doing an horrendous job with growth.

I had a Jerseyite in my Lyft the other night who lives in Park West. She was actually complaining about the traffic on 17. I mean seriously.
Not according to this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thr...?client=safari
Apparently Austin's traffic is among the worst in the country.
It's doubled in size since 1985 so I can assure you things are in fact different.

I otherwise get the allure of Austin. If I moved back to Texas, Austin would be my first choice if that tells you anything. That's why I'm shocked it's your first choice as well.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:19 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,742,077 times
Closed because the op is (well, was) a previously (and again) banned troll.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area