Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:02 PM

58 posts, read 234,691 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

Anyone live or know people who live in Myers Mill in Summerville? My husband and I are interested in possibly building a home with Ryland in that subdivision & were just curious if there was any insider scoop. There are lots of builders packed into one little area, so it was a little weird for us at first but we love the prices & one particular floorplan there.

Also, in your opinion, how is the location?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 05:06 PM

267 posts, read 1,019,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molliemei View Post
Hi everyone!

Anyone live or know people who live in Myers Mill in Summerville? My husband and I are interested in possibly building a home with Ryland in that subdivision & were just curious if there was any insider scoop. There are lots of builders packed into one little area, so it was a little weird for us at first but we love the prices & one particular floorplan there.

Also, in your opinion, how is the location?
I have heard good things about Ryland's customer service, quality and transparency. I am glad to hear that you are not dealing with Keystone, because in my opinion they have none of those qualities.

Myers mill is a little bit removed, and I am not sure about the traffic that way.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:35 PM

890 posts, read 4,328,083 times
I don't know much about it besides just knowing where it is and driving through there once or twice. It seems nice. I like their pool, it looks like a little resort. I like the location and I like Knightsville.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:38 PM

899 posts, read 3,491,814 times
Keystone, Eastwood & Ryland in ascending order, in my opinion. Different price points, different types of homes.

I've sold in all three. Make sure you know that the same development is across the street as well. I say this in case you want to just 'send the kids ahead of you to the pool.'

Knightsville is becoming a 'stand-alone' town. Plenty of subdivisions are here or planned to be here support it's growth, including the Ponds.

Whether that is actually the case, is yet to be seen.

I'll sit back & watch for a bit.
jim

Old 04-01-2008, 09:21 PM

267 posts, read 1,019,965 times
If ascending order means Keystone is on the bottom, than Jim has hit the nail on the head.

Keystone does not allow phase inspections, walkthoughs or for the customer to ever talk to the site construction manager. This sounds like a red flag to me!!! Even if you are buying an inventory home you have to ask yourself, why is this in inventory? And it is not always financing falling through...

I have seen them first hand cut corners on door and window flashing by not following the recommended manufacturer instructions for the windows, which is a huge defect that can lead to leaking with rot and mold. Last year in Buckshire, Charleston County building services caught them not waterproofing the siding on 4 houses by applying tar paper or housewrap between the Tyvek and OSB board. After some long arguments, Keystone was forced to follow the manufacturer instructions.

I have heard plenty of other very negative things through word of mouth and through contacts in the construction industry about this company, which I will not repeat because it is hearsay. But, if you want to hear them anyway, just PM me.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:41 PM

528 posts, read 1,514,269 times
My assistant just bought in Myers Mills and I just helped another client purchase a home in Myers's Mills. Great area! Both love it and are very happy with their homes. The community is great and should only improve. I would encourage you to look at it with an agent however and not go directly with the builder. My assistant (before she worked with me) and her husband bought directly from the builder. After she saw how much more I was able to get for our client who bought a few months later, she was kicking herself that she didn't have representation. You probably already know this, but I just wanted to mention it!

Old 04-02-2008, 03:15 PM

267 posts, read 815,209 times
Hi Mollie,

We live right down the road from Myers Mill and were also interested in that possibly. Right now we're renting in White Gables and we like it; however, it seems like you can get more house for your money there.

Both my kids go Knightsville and my husband teaches there, and we just love it. Close to everything, but a little bit out of the town area.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:22 PM

899 posts, read 3,491,814 times
Wordzgirl,
Knightsville will be a town amongst itself in due time.
I think White Gables & Meyers Mill are pretty varied in lifestyle.

Do you feel the same or is it just a vibe I get?
jim

Old 08-11-2008, 10:06 PM

3 posts, read 7,814 times
ryland is great.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:29 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,431,520 times
Of the three builders I prefer Ryland . They are only building on the "pool" side. There are some nice floor plans in the neighborhood. I have sold Eastwood in Myers Mill. Customer Service was not up to my standards, but my buyers got a lot of home for little money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area