Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2009, 02:22 PM

41 posts, read 105,992 times

Advertisements

Ok so I went to apartments.com and came up with these apartments. Can anyone give me their inputs? Looking for a modern clean friendly atmosphere... Here's the apts I've seen online..1) farmington apts 2) cobblestone village 3) the tradition of summerville 4) vista sands 5) alexan wellborn and 6) windsor westcott plantation...thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 09:45 AM

267 posts, read 1,019,965 times
Vista Sands is great because it is very close to all the shopping and entertainment ameneties that Summerville has to offer. Also it is very close to I-26 and you don't have to fight much of the Summerville traffic if you are commuting. I have a few friends that live here in nearby Weatherstone park and they always spoke highly of the place.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:27 PM

12 posts, read 29,215 times
I would go for Farmington Village. It's right in the middle of everything downtown and the community is full of friendly and decent people. The community is about 1.5 years old. I lived in a large 2 bdrm/2ba and it was $880/month, very reasonable for the area. Good luck!!!

Old 04-10-2009, 06:15 AM

1,149 posts, read 4,206,140 times
Although it is not on your list, we currently rent in The Grove at Oakbrook. Been here since last June, and it has been wonderful. Very quiet, very nicely upkept, clean, beautiful pool and gym - and the rent for a 2br/2bath is currently $720 a month, I think, with a 6 month lease. Keep in mind, that includes a concession, so if you go month to month I think it jumps up to $900ish. I checked apartmentratings.com before moving, and this place certainly isn't the hellhole it is described to be.

A warning about pretty much all of the apartments here - whatever you do, don't even think of breaking your lease to buy a house early. The penalties will include - paying rent for the next 60 days (if you don't notify them before the 1st of the month, add another 30), paying back concession for every month on your lease, a month or two penalty fee - we almost bought back in February, then saw that it would be something like $3500 for us to break our lease, and I think they would have kept our month deposit. If our offer is accepted, we made sure that there would only be a month leeway, which will be convenient for moving.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:05 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Farmington Village was very flexible with my husband about moving out. But we chose not to sign a lease for the last six months. He paid marginally more but it was worth it. It is a good area -- especially if you need to commute on I26 -- you are right there. Not too noisy, clean. My husband was there for over a year.

Husband now is in Mount Pleasant in a new complex 'Watermark'. A little more money but 15 minutes to work instead of 45 minutes to an hour...and location, location, location. He bikes to the beach. It's a little more 'modern' in design and layout -- granite counter tops, etc. We just spent a few days there and it is so nice to be close to town and to the beach. Brand new apartment complex.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:56 AM

41 posts, read 105,992 times
thanks everyone for their inputs! We have scheduled appointments to look at a bunch of apts! And were not to worried about lease. We'll take the longest if we have to, to get a better deal! We owned a house previously and were not going to be ready to buy a house for a long time! I'm 26 and my fiances 25 so we have plenty of time to purchase again!

Old 04-10-2009, 12:05 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,999,297 times
Cobblestone looks nice too, I pass it every day to work, brand new! I have a friend that loves it there...Its in Goose Creek but minutes from summerville...Tons of new growth there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area