Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 10:49 AM

10 posts, read 25,852 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of any good fondue restaurants in the greater Chas area? I'm pregnant with baby #2 and thinking that fondue would be a great mother's day gift for me from my hubby and babies.

I LOVE the Melting Pot, but the closest one is in Myrtle Beach. Don't really want to drive there for fondue when I'm sure I can get some here.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 11:06 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,582,024 times
Fonduely Yours on Coleman in Mt. Pleasant is the only one I know.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:23 PM

308 posts, read 1,041,696 times
Potential future good news.... there was a thread here, fairly recently, from someone planning to open a Melting Pot in Charleston or Mt Pleasant. Here's hoping!!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 07:46 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,762,743 times
Wow, I hadn't heard of fondue restaurants in ages! I thought those went out in the 90's! They were good though....

Old 05-04-2009, 07:48 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
Menu (http://www.fastandfrench.org/G&M/menu.html - broken link)

Gaulart & Maliclet has it. Their menu is above.

Gaulart et Maliclet Cafe (http://www.fastandfrench.org/G&M/G&M_index.html - broken link)

The above shows a picture of the inside.

It is on Broad St near the 4 corners of law (Broad and Meeting). I've been wanting to go there and have escargot which I haven't had in ages.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:38 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,325,924 times
My DW loves Escargot, I will have to look into that one.....

Old 05-05-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Menu (http://www.fastandfrench.org/G&M/menu.html - broken link)

Gaulart & Maliclet has it. Their menu is above.

Gaulart et Maliclet Cafe (http://www.fastandfrench.org/G&M/G&M_index.html - broken link)

The above shows a picture of the inside.

It is on Broad St near the 4 corners of law (Broad and Meeting). I've been wanting to go there and have escargot which I haven't had in ages.
Commonly known as "Fast and French"....great place to sit and drink wine, talk, eat some cheese and bread, drink some more wine, talk, drink some more wine,....you get my drift. lol LOVE that place!

Old 05-05-2009, 06:31 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
LOL SCBeaches. With few taxis; the narrow streets; no lights and no breakdown lanes on most of the streets, I'd be worrying about getting safely home after one too many glasses of wine. I might even have to resort to getting my escargot to go so I can have it with wine at home and not have to drive anywhere afterwards.

I wonder if the hospitality industry here recongizes that the poor lighting and unsafe roads has a negative impact on the spending at bars and restaurants?

Old 05-05-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
LOL SCBeaches. With few taxis; the narrow streets; no lights and no breakdown lanes on most of the streets, I'd be worrying about getting safely home after one too many glasses of wine. I might even have to resort to getting my escargot to go so I can have it with wine at home and not have to drive anywhere afterwards.

I wonder if the hospitality industry here recongizes that the poor lighting and unsafe roads has a negative impact on the spending at bars and restaurants?
You know, it's sad that we have to worry about unsafe streets now. I haven't been to Fast & French in at least 7 or 8 years, but after we would leave, we'd always walk all over downtown as far down as Waterfront Park, then eventually end up somewhere for coffee (or dessert at Kaminsky's). By the time we were ready to drive home, it had been hours and we were fine...never thought about getting mugged or worse back then.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:14 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,237,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
Commonly known as "Fast and French"....great place to sit and drink wine, talk, eat some cheese and bread, drink some more wine, talk, drink some more wine,....you get my drift. lol LOVE that place!
Sounds like a place I should check out...maybe a City-Data get together for wine, bread, cheese, escargot, and wine is in order
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area