Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 06:34 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,951 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what the local authorities down there are saying about
the possibility of the oil spill hitting the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 07:41 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,638,799 times
Im no expert, but I think if it does reach the east coast it will be way offshore in the gulf stream ,,,(I hope) Lets talk about something else......

Old 06-07-2010, 07:02 PM

I am with you on this one!!

Old 06-13-2010, 02:27 PM

this was an interesting read......

SC law firm files suit against BP for Gulf oil spill - WMBFNews.com | Myrtle Beach/Florence, SC | News, Weather, Sports

Old 06-14-2010, 08:42 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,300 times
Weeks ago, there was some "expert" on one of those news channels who was discussing the chance of the oil spill affecting the east coast. He had some animation showing the Gulf Stream and said that it all has to do with whether the oil deflected off the Gulf Stream and then westward toward the coast or eastward towards the open Atlantic.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:23 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
I have heard in a number of interviews that there is a media black out and as with Katrina, the Federal Government isn't letting the state of Louisiana do anything to try to fix the problem and that BP has thugs down there trying to intimidate people and not allowing reporters or anyone to take pictures.

I was going to start this thread in the New Orleans forum but saw someone had started one here so I thought I'd offer what I've learned.

Here's a pretty good overview:
YouTube - BP Oil Spill Hits Louisiana Coastline #1 - 4-30-2010 Democracy NOW!

and here is part 2:
YouTube - BP Oil Spill Hits Louisiana Coastline #2 - 4-30-2010 Democracy NOW!

It mentions that this could go on for 2-3 months at a minimum.

Here's a trajectory that suggests it could affect the entire east coast!

YouTube - Oil spill trajectory 20100504

According to a few radio interviews and some YouTube videos, according to Lindsey Williams, a minister for many years for the executives and staffers of the Alaska pipeline who still keeps up with a few of the executives/New World Order elites, the Benzene and other carcinogenic toxic chemicals in the fumes are thousands of times above safe levels and are making people sick. (I wonder if people are wearing gas masks there.) Lindsey says that the number of gallons being leaked is far above what is being reported. As a former pilot who knows wind patterns, he says that the oil will enter the gulf stream and come up the east coast and cross the Atlantic to Europe.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:26 PM

You know I saw on a CBS news story that those who are cleaning up the tar balls etc...on the beaches were getting sick. The called it " ***** ***** Gulf Syndrome".

This is a tragedy and someone must do something !!
It is odd how all of the footage we see on the nightly news is from the same angles etc...

Old 06-14-2010, 03:45 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,638,799 times
politics.................Ill bet ya the government has something to do with that.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:04 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
You know I saw on a CBS news story that those who are cleaning up the tar balls etc...on the beaches were getting sick. The called it " ***** ***** Gulf Syndrome".

This is a tragedy and someone must do something !!
It is odd how all of the footage we see on the nightly news is from the same angles etc...
We only see on the nightly news what they want us to see. Remember, the New World Order ie Rupert Murdoch owns the media. Big Media and The New World Order If enough people knew more, there might be too much outrage from the general public AS THERE SHOULD BE demanding that something get done and more and more people losing trust in their elected officials AS THEY SHOULD.

Think about it. With the threat of a disaster like this ruining the entire east coast shore line and if people were told the truth, how do you think it would impact their plans to move to an area like this or at the very least, buy waterfront property? It certainly won't have a positive impact on real estate values, that is for sure.

What the disaster will be used for is to ram all of Obama's new taxes down everybody's throats ie Cap and Trade...and if there is a ban on off shore oil drilling --even though there is no shortage of oil---Lindsey Williams is author of a book called The Energy Non-Crisis, he says his sources say we can expect gasoline to go up to $6 or $7 per gallon.

Just like when the banksters screwed up, our elected officials allowed the banksters at the Federal Reserve to con them into using OUR money to bail them out IMMEDIATELY without even thinking about it and they were stupid enough to go along with it.

Now BP execs and Goldman Sachs, whether BP goes bankrupt or not, have already profited as their New World Order astrologers must have told them problems with BP were looming on the horizon. BP execs sold their shares of company stock and Goldman Sachs shorted the stock BEFORE the spill happened.

They will use this disaster to take even MORE advantage of us. Speaking of which, did you hear Mr. Inconvenient Truth himself or Convenient Lie is more like it, Al Gore, who stands to make BILLIONS off of these new policies, just bought ANOTHER $8 Million sprawling mansion with a huge carbon footprint ? http://news-political.com/2010/04/30...an-view-villa/

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/gre...in-california/

I found TWO links about TWO different mansions. How many does he have? I guess he can't spend his money fast enough!

Last edited by emilybh; 06-14-2010 at 04:18 PM..

Old 06-15-2010, 06:39 AM

459 posts, read 1,642,147 times
Don't worry, Obama is personally down there now. It should be all clean by the end of the week! Okay, seriously. If the oil reaches SC shores, it will hardly be noticed outside the State. Why? Because by then, all the FLA beaches and the Everglades will be affected, and that is a massive amount of tourist dollars lost. Washington will concentrate most cleanup from FLA to LA. If it continues to move East, then the GA, SC, and NC coasts will be an afterthought, as they shift attention to protecting the Chesapeake Bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area