Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2012, 10:41 PM

6,081 posts, read 9,117,767 times

Advertisements

Yeager Airport has once again had a great year for air travel. While last year the nation saw a 1% increase in air travel, Charleston saw a 10% increase. More good news for Charleston, and West Virginia!

Yeager Airport has third-best year ever* - State News - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 08:08 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,884,618 times
Just flew out and back this week. Nice airport with multiple choices of airlines and hubs. That is a big positive. Rates are competitive as well (most of the time).

Two complaints: 1) the men's restroom close the baggage claim area had strong smell of urine and a very strong deordizer trying to cover it up 2) signage to get out of the parking garage is sorely lacking -- this happened after they made the major addition -- I now know how the rats feel in the maze.

Overall, it is a nice airport. My company booked me to LaGuardia last Wednesday and the round trip was only $160. Very good price for last minute travel.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:30 AM

6,081 posts, read 9,117,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballjunkie View Post
Just flew out and back this week. Nice airport with multiple choices of airlines and hubs. That is a big positive. Rates are competitive as well (most of the time).

Two complaints: 1) the men's restroom close the baggage claim area had strong smell of urine and a very strong deordizer trying to cover it up 2) signage to get out of the parking garage is sorely lacking -- this happened after they made the major addition -- I now know how the rats feel in the maze.

Overall, it is a nice airport. My company booked me to LaGuardia last Wednesday and the round trip was only $160. Very good price for last minute travel.
LOL If those are the only two complaints you have, then I think the airport is doing good! Bathroom smells are ,most certainly frowned upon!

I really think its time to add on to the structure now. With an increase in air traffic, and Charleston doing so well an expansion could be used.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:17 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,992,401 times
My round trip to Phoenix was $350 via Phoenix - Charlotte - Charleston. My dad prefers Yeager over Pittsburgh because there is just so much road work going on in PA right now with 45 - 55 mph speed limits and its so simple to just basically walk to the counter, get your ticket, walk through security and wait about 20 minutes for boarding. It's ease and smallness are why we prefer to fly into and out of Yeager.

Charlotte's airport is a cesspool though... Hate that place... The most rude people EVERY single time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston