Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 03:06 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,915,127 times

Advertisements

http://www.techhelpers.net/e4u/animal/tier20.gif (broken link) And here's a little review:
  • Pork BBQ: Dry
  • Sauce: Average
  • Brunswick Stew: Average
  • Slaw: Since when is slaw yellow? Like this yellow =
  • Hushpuppies: Yum
  • "Redneck" Fries: Not bad, interesting with bbq and cheese on the fries with Ranch for dipping.
I got it to go. Additional comments:
  • Service: Rude when I called in the order. When I came to pick it up the very hefty, sweaty man was true to form and continued to be rude.
  • Packaging of to go items: Sloppy. Sauce from the brunswick stew EVERYWHERE. Slaw dripping out of the side of the container. MESSY.

Bottom line: They need to be more friendly, more careful of their presentation and packaging, make their BBQ less dry, and did I mention be more friendly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 03:17 PM

509 posts, read 1,803,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
http://www.techhelpers.net/e4u/animal/tier20.gif (broken link) And here's a little review:
  • Pork BBQ: Dry
  • Sauce: Average
  • Brunswick Stew: Average
  • Slaw: Since when is slaw yellow? Like this yellow =
  • Hushpuppies: Yum
  • "Redneck" Fries: Not bad, interesting with bbq and cheese on the fries with Ranch for dipping.
I got it to go. Additional comments:
  • Service: Rude when I called in the order. When I came to pick it up the very hefty, sweaty man was true to form and continued to be rude.
  • Packaging of to go items: Sloppy. Sauce from the brunswick stew EVERYWHERE. Slaw dripping out of the side of the container. MESSY.

Bottom line: They need to be more friendly, more careful of their presentation and packaging, make their BBQ less dry, and did I mention be more friendly?
Acccck. Is the one in Mooresville better? I was JUST about to place a catering order with their Mooresville location for the infamous birthday party.

If not... anyone got any other BBQ takeout idea? I can pick it up (don't need delivery/person there pickin' the pig for me)

GT

Old 05-22-2007, 03:26 PM

HEY!

You are actually why I posted this! I had heard raves about Lancaster's and had wondered if you had gone there yet based on our last thread.

I hear Mooresville is great. Any comments out there?
Huntersville is relatively new, maybe that's why it was average?

Old 05-22-2007, 03:48 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times
Ok I found a thread I can vent LOL. I actually ate inside and thought I would give them a chance and I knew they didnt serve lexington style and I was ok with that. I love how they did the inside of the place and our service was decent but I couldnt really judge the BBQ since it was different but I felt Buzzy & Bears had better BBQ than them for that style of BBQ.

What drove me crazy was the service we recieved at the end. We was oviously done eating and waiting on our check and to me I think having customers paying you would be very important part of service and we waited for a good bit so we decided to go up to the cash register and no one was there and by the time a waitress walk by not even acknoledging us I knew this would be the last time I give them a chance.
I know of several Lexington BBQ restaurants that are very near 85 and I can call them on my cell phone place my order and in within 5 minutes my order always ready.

Lancaster may be some what new in huntersville but it been open for a good several months to work out the kinks.
As stated in the Barbecue thread the best BBQ restaurants are not chain out or have fancy decor.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:58 PM

Good to know I was not the only one! I am going to do a search of BBQ threads to see what others recommend. Y'all feel free to put suggestions here, too!

Sunny, should Girl call Buzzy Bears for catering instead??

Old 05-22-2007, 04:41 PM

35 posts, read 171,943 times
Won't help you much in Huntersville or Mooresville, but Q-Shack is very good, great service and they do an outstanding job with their catering...

http://www.theqshack.com/

Their Charlotte location is at Promenade on Providence (adjacent to the I-485 exit at Providence Road)

Old 05-22-2007, 04:46 PM

I'll try that sometime! The pig on their website looks drunk, though.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:20 PM

474 posts, read 1,749,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Good to know I was not the only one! I am going to do a search of BBQ threads to see what others recommend. Y'all feel free to put suggestions here, too!

Sunny, should Girl call Buzzy Bears for catering instead??
The Buzzy and Bears in the shopping center in Huntersville where Target is located is gone. Not sure if they do catering out of somewhere else though.

We ate in at Lancasters in Mooresville a while back and thought it was very good. Carried out from Mooresville and it was very slow service.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:46 AM

178 posts, read 875,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlTravels View Post
Acccck. Is the one in Mooresville better? I was JUST about to place a catering order with their Mooresville location for the infamous birthday party.

If not... anyone got any other BBQ takeout idea? I can pick it up (don't need delivery/person there pickin' the pig for me)

GT

Bubba's BBQ at the Sunset Road exit off of I-77 does BBQ takeout. I can eat my weight in their hushpuppies. Don't forget to have them pack gallons of sweet Tea for you as well.

Oh- sometime when you want to impress- Prices Chicken Coop on Camden Road in South End does takeout as well. THe BEST fried chicken in Charlotte. I have ordered it for many parties-always a hit. (Their puppies are good too)

Old 05-23-2007, 10:59 AM

509 posts, read 1,803,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston2000 View Post
Bubba's BBQ at the Sunset Road exit off of I-77 does BBQ takeout. I can eat my weight in their hushpuppies. Don't forget to have them pack gallons of sweet Tea for you as well.

Oh- sometime when you want to impress- Prices Chicken Coop on Camden Road in South End does takeout as well. THe BEST fried chicken in Charlotte. I have ordered it for many parties-always a hit. (Their puppies are good too)
I am on the Bubba's website now... thanks for the tip!!!

GT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte