Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2010, 07:20 AM

8 posts, read 20,768 times

Advertisements

This is my first post. We are relocating to Charlotte and we think we have narrowed down the search to Union and Lincoln Counties. We want to live in a neighborhood with community pool, tennis courts (we have 5 and 9 yr olds that need to make friends) - AND we have a 30 ft travel trailer that needs to sit on the driveway when we are getting ready for a camping trip - to clean put food in, etc.. We will not store it on the property - but maybe 48 hours on our driveway. So far the HOA covenants we have looked at - say only 24 hours. We can't be the only people that have an RV and need to get it ready to go. Any neighborhood suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 07:30 AM

889 posts, read 3,117,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-UT-CA-OH-NC View Post
This is my first post. We are relocating to Charlotte and we think we have narrowed down the search to Union and Lincoln Counties. We want to live in a neighborhood with community pool, tennis courts (we have 5 and 9 yr olds that need to make friends) - AND we have a 30 ft travel trailer that needs to sit on the driveway when we are getting ready for a camping trip - to clean put food in, etc.. We will not store it on the property - but maybe 48 hours on our driveway. So far the HOA covenants we have looked at - say only 24 hours. We can't be the only people that have an RV and need to get it ready to go. Any neighborhood suggestions?

I would suggest contacting a board member and asking how stringent they are in terms of 48 hours as opposed to 24?What can they really do? By the time a letter is sent to you its already gone.
I live in an HOA community ( although very small) and nobody has a problem with our boat in the driveway for a few days at a time.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:54 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times
We used to have a 30' TT as well. I found that we never needed it home for 48 hours before a trip. I'd bring it home the day before and we'd clean and pack it (including cooling down the reefer) all in that 24 hour (and sometimes longer) time span. Maybe you can shorten up your prep time if need be. I say that only to suggest a change in habits may allow you to purchase a house without dwelling on this one facet of the rules.

I'd work with the HOA board on the 48 hours request. If you're proactive and respectful about it, they may find it easy to turn their head the other way for the one extra day.

Good luck and happy RV'ing!

Old 07-11-2010, 07:16 PM

743 posts, read 2,243,285 times
Our HOA was pretty lenient on that, as long as we called and let them know, we were able to have it parked in the driveway for up to a week and ours was 38 foot. we are in Indian trail

Old 07-12-2010, 01:28 PM

445 posts, read 1,166,622 times
I think our HOA may say 24 hours, but unless you are storing it in the driveway, nobody cares.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:00 AM

8 posts, read 20,768 times
Thanks for the advice! We did contact the HOA board and HOA Management before making the offer on a house and we got it all worked out. We'll be there before the end of Aug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte